Basics final

Status
Not open for further replies.
how important in the final was being able to identify aircraft from sight and letter/number? there is over 50 to learn and would rather not take that time studying it if its barely in the final considering it wasnt on my block test at all lol
You’ll maybe get one
I think it comes out of a big bank of questions. But I wouldn’t spend all your time studying it or any time really
literally don’t spend time on that at all, it’s one question at most. If you’re failing basics by one question you probably shouldn’t be there anyway

I am really struggling with absorbing all the info. I dont know how I can possibly remember almost all the details in each block test. its insane to me and I need to know what i should be focused on study wise. Are the end of block tests mostly the basics final questions just reworded? as if can I pass the basics final by mostly studying the block test questions? Im on zoom do they do a lockdown browser or anything for final test like is it open note? how is the zoom test done and how many questions from the block tests made it to the basics final. I cant study and remember every detail. Thank you so much I am freaking out

if i study the block questions will that be enoufg to pass basics? Im having a hard time learning all the material. Seems like the info i study a lot for is barely mentioned in the block tests and random facts are. Im freaking out because I cant fail and I cant seem to remember 6 hours of info a day. Its also over zoom which is harder for me to learn. Any info would be greatly appreciated;
What kind of grades have you been getting on the block tests? My instructors said 90% or better on them means you should be good for the final.

If you are already freaking out this much in basics then across the street is going to be rough. I’d suggest just calming down, and rereading sections you don’t think you grasp in the lead up to the final. I wouldn’t spend more than an hour or 2 outside of class a day on basics stuff, it will just burn you out.

I am really struggling with absorbing all the info. I dont know how I can possibly remember almost all the details in each block test. its insane to me and I need to know what i should be focused on study wise. Are the end of block tests mostly the basics final questions just reworded? as if can I pass the basics final by mostly studying the block test questions? Im on zoom do they do a lockdown browser or anything for final test like is it open note? how is the zoom test done and how many questions from the block tests made it to the basics final. I cant study and remember every detail. Thank you so much I am freaking out

if i study the block questions will that be enoufg to pass basics? Im having a hard time learning all the material. Seems like the info i study a lot for is barely mentioned in the block tests and random facts are. Im freaking out because I cant fail and I cant seem to remember 6 hours of info a day. Its also over zoom which is harder for me to learn. Any info would be greatly appreciated;
Man you seriously need to rub one off. All that stress ain’t good for you. Just bust one out even in public, it’ll help you more than it’ll hurt you

You’ll maybe get one

literally don’t spend time on that at all, it’s one question at most. If you’re failing basics by one question you probably shouldn’t be there anyway
ok got it, what about questions like about aircraft left at this time arrived at this how long was distance ect?

We didn't have a single one on ours back in November 2021.
ok! how about distance time questions like plane left at 1200 UTc and traveled 3 hours to pst whats the time ect ect

If you’ve been through the material, you should have a reasonable expectation of what to expect for the final.

I’m sorry, but if you really want to pursue this as a career, this is material you should be interested in learning. No one on here will know what questions are going to appear on your test… it’s a large test bank.

It typically doesn’t get any easier after basics just saying… I’d make some flashcards over the lesson objectives and relax a bit while you can.
im freaking out because i have no clue if im expected to know any bit of info in the entire course or if i should just focus on the block and end of module questions. I cant possible remember over 5000 details and facts for each lesson and module. I have to narrow it down. If i study block and end of module tests will those questions come back reworded ect enough that I can pass? im making a quizet per lesson but its like 60 questions were lesson x 4 in the modules that like 250+ questions per module and I cant do it when there 5 modules a week i would need to know over 5000-6000 facts and details

If you’ve been through the material, you should have a reasonable expectation of what to expect for the final.

I’m sorry, but if you really want to pursue this as a career, this is material you should be interested in learning. No one on here will know what questions are going to appear on your test… it’s a large test bank.
id rather study 500 questions then study 5000 which is what im doing now by trying to learn every bit of info in the course memorized this is insane to me lol its over 5000-6000 questions if i have to know everything in the course.

Take notes during class. That helped me absorb and stay occupied. I get nothing from someone droning on and on. Many in my class were nodding off at different times lol. The final is mostly made up of the block tests as mentioned but worded different and they definitely mess with the wording to throw you off. Use those test as a study guide for sure but don’t only study those.
i get it but right now i dont know what will show up so im studying 18 hours a day trying to learn all the info in the entire course lol if i can mostly just focus on end of module tests and basics thats way more manageable then learning and memorizing every bit of info in the course.

Dude maybe study instead of spending all your time here asking what you will see on the test. It's Basics. If you can't keep up in Basics it is going to be miserable across the street.
dude the problem is im trying to learn and memorize the entire class because i have no idea what lil info will pop up. im studying 15-18 hours a day dude I need to narrow it down so im not tryna remember 5000+ facts and bits of info

I am not trying to make it worse but the Final Exam questions are different/harder. However if u remember the block tests you should be okay they are just not gonna be worded the same .
It’s intensive , and I agree with prior comment of alternative study methods if you find you are spending too much time .
After a certain point you are not gonna retain anything if you study too long .

Also what this guy said . ^^
I can memorize and learn all the block tests and end of modules ect what i cant do is study 15-18 hours a day to learn every single word in the course which is what im doing because i have no clue whats going to be on the final so im studying every single word its insane lol block tests and end of lessons tests I can do but my instructor hasnt told and refuses to tell us what to study I need your guys help to narrow down my studying

chickenxfeet I can’t tell if you’re trolling at this point but the time you’re spending on here is time you could be using to study. I don’t think the expectation is to memorize every word in the lesson plans however a good amount of it will be pertinent out in the field so I’d get your shit together if I were you…

chickenxfeet I can’t tell if you’re trolling at this point but the time you’re spending on here is time you could be using to study. I don’t think the expectation is to memorize every word in the lesson plans however a good amount of it will be pertinent out in the field so I’d get your shit together if I were you…
im not trolling bro how do i know what to study if any of it could be on the final? can u actually tell me if studying the lesson questions, module tests, and block tests are good enough to pass because I cant do 18 hour study days anymore im burned out

You’re gonna have a ton of fun across the street. Can’t wait for the part 2.
thanks dude very helpful-.-

dude the problem is im trying to learn and memorize the entire class because i have no idea what lil info will pop up. im studying 15-18 hours a day dude I need to narrow it down so im not tryna remember 5000+ facts and bits of info
If you are trying to memorize every single detail and thing, you will have problems not just in basics but across the street when you think you have to memorize every single scenario that can happen and shit the bed when in evals when the same concept is presented but in a different way. It's like trying to memorize every single answer to 1+1 all the way to 100 instead of learning how to do addition.
Learn the concepts behind it. Sure there are details that you need to memorize, but learning the concept will help you recall the details.

If you are trying to memorize every single detail and thing, you will have problems not just in basics but across the street when you think you have to memorize every single scenario that can happen and shit the bed when in evals when the same concept is presented but in a different way. It's like trying to memorize every single answer to 1+1 all the way to 100 instead of learning how to do addition.
Learn the concepts behind it. Sure there are details that you need to memorize, but learning the concept will help you recall the details.
yeah thats for academy right now it seems mostly memorize this detail and fact i just dont know which to memorize. I understand how to find speed distance ect thats not the issue. the issue is not knowing which little fact or detail will show up so im learning it all and burning out. If i learn the lesson questions module tests and block tests should I be able to pass the final basics course? thats all i really need to know so i can focus on that and then when those are down start going back for the lil details that seem random and are only in one sentence of the course.

yeah thats for academy right now it seems mostly memorize this detail and fact i just dont know which to memorize. I understand how to find speed distance ect thats not the issue. the issue is not knowing which little fact or detail will show up so im learning it all and burning out. If i learn the lesson questions module tests and block tests should I be able to pass the final basics course? thats all i really need to know so i can focus on that and then when those are down start going back for the lil details that seem random and are only in one sentence of the course.

Listen, I understand the desire to want to learn EVERYTHING. I was the same way when I went through, but you have to understand something. The academy is about learning concepts. Not memorizing everything. If I explained to you the concepts of how to drive a car, do you think when push came to shove you could drive the car with the concepts I taught you? That’s exactly what the academy is like. You’re presented with learning opportunities that will help you with the exams, you will learn the concepts and put them in to practice.

Honestly what will help you the most is taking a break. Breathe, meditate, do whatever it is that you need to do to calm down and relax. The academy is certainly stressful but it’s also only as stressful as you make it. If you can get a little ice in your veins you’ll be fine. Just relax and understand that you’re not going to know EVERYTHING but if you Apple common sense and apply the concepts you learn you’ll be fine. Just take a breather homie.

If you're freaking out this bad about basics, you may want to save yourself a whole lot of trouble and pick another career.

You don't need to memorize all 5000 things.. Just try to remember as many as you can.. Its 70 to pass. Not 100. And heed everything people are saying on here.. If you're stressing this much on basics final, you might have an aneurysm on final evals. Its multiple choice. The answer will be in front of you. Learn how you study best and learn it fast

Listen, I understand the desire to want to learn EVERYTHING. I was the same way when I went through, but you have to understand something. The academy is about learning concepts. Not memorizing everything. If I explained to you the concepts of how to drive a car, do you think when push came to shove you could drive the car with the concepts I taught you? That’s exactly what the academy is like. You’re presented with learning opportunities that will help you with the exams, you will learn the concepts and put them in to practice.

Honestly what will help you the most is taking a break. Breathe, meditate, do whatever it is that you need to do to calm down and relax. The academy is certainly stressful but it’s also only as stressful as you make it. If you can get a little ice in your veins you’ll be fine. Just relax and understand that you’re not going to know EVERYTHING but if you Apple common sense and apply the concepts you learn you’ll be fine. Just take a breather homie.
I know that for academy but in basics its all about memorizing mostly details and info. Im only worried about the basics final. My plan was to learn it all but I think now im going to study the Lesson plans questions module end of tests and block tests. That should be enough to pass right?

I know that for academy but in basics its all about memorizing mostly details and info. Im only worried about the basics final. My plan was to learn it all but I think now im going to study the Lesson plans questions module end of tests and block tests. That should be enough to pass right?

How well have you done on block tests? From what I remember, the basics final is basically the block tests, but worded differently. Which goes back to what I said. If you understand the concepts behind what you’re learning, you’ll pass no problem.

How well have you done on block tests? From what I remember, the basics final is basically the block tests, but worded differently. Which goes back to what I said. If you understand the concepts behind what you’re learning, you’ll pass no problem.
thank you!

Good luck, and seriously, relax. You’ll be fine. Breathe and just use what you learned. This job is a cakewalk if you don’t get yourself worked up.
your right its just been information overload 8 hours a day then another 5 or so tryna study every word of the course lol Im going to stick to going over core concepts and studying the lesson questions, end of module questions and block tests mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom