Basics final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really struggling with absorbing all the info. I dont know how I can possibly remember almost all the details in each block test. its insane to me and I need to know what i should be focused on study wise. Are the end of block tests mostly the basics final questions just reworded? as if can I pass the basics final by mostly studying the block test questions? Im on zoom do they do a lockdown browser or anything for final test like is it open note? how is the zoom test done and how many questions from the block tests made it to the basics final. I cant study and remember every detail. Thank you so much I am freaking out

if i study the block questions will that be enoufg to pass basics? Im having a hard time learning all the material. Seems like the info i study a lot for is barely mentioned in the block tests and random facts are. Im freaking out because I cant fail and I cant seem to remember 6 hours of info a day. Its also over zoom which is harder for me to learn. Any info would be greatly appreciated;
Quizlet. Download and search for ATC academy and find the newer cards. You’ll thank me later!

There is a Basics Study Guide offered on here (Academy - Study Guide - Basics). I would expect the majority of questions to come from the block test questions, but you may see questions derived from material not covered in the block tests.

Take your time. It’s not a race. I won’t go as far to say there are truck questions, but there are some questions that have answers which may be similar (ie. “Less than or equal to” vs. “less than”). I do distinctly remember the final being harder than I expected, but everyone in my class passed pretty easily.

Quizlet. Download and search for ATC academy and find the newer cards. You’ll thank me later!
ok! Im in basics soo ill look it up! thanks

There is a Basics Study Guide offered on here (Academy - Study Guide - Basics). I would expect the majority of questions to come from the block test questions, but you may see questions derived from material not covered in the block tests.

Take your time. It’s not a race. I won’t go as far to say there are truck questions, but there are some questions that have answers which may be similar (ie. “Less than or equal to” vs. “less than”). I do distinctly remember the final being harder than I expected, but everyone in my class passed pretty easily.
did u listen to the instructor the whole 8 hours? I feel like i barely learn anything from just listening to them say it once and i end up studying for 4-5 hours a day after and before class so I have like 2-3 hours of free time a day to get all my normal life duties done

as long as i can pass by studying block test questions Im happy haha

Question. For those who previously took the ATC basics final. We’re the questions relatively similar to the block test you take during the course? I just want a general layout of what to expect for the final. Multiple choice only / true/false / select all that applies and etc. thanks in advance
did the questions end up coming on ur final from ur block tests? would u say its enough to pass?

i end up studying for 4-5 hours a day after and before class so I have like 2-3 hours of free time a day to get all my normal life duties done
Just wait until you are studying 6-7 nights a week in OKC and planning out meal times.

I took a lot of notes along the way of things that I knew I was weaker in to help me focus on those areas, along with reviewing the block tests and other study guides I was able to find online. It’s not an easy test, but its certainly doable.

Take an opportunity to look into alternative study strategies if you are finding you are putting in a lot of time with not many results. You may not be studying in the most efficient way, but everyone learns differently.

It typically doesn’t get any easier after basics just saying… I’d make some flashcards over the lesson objectives and relax a bit while you can.
I keep forgetting little info

Just wait until you are studying 6-7 nights a week in OKC and planning out meal times.

I took a lot of notes along the way of things that I knew I was weaker in to help me focus on those areas, along with reviewing the block tests and other study guides I was able to find online. It’s not an easy test, but its certainly doable.

Take an opportunity to look into alternative study strategies if you are finding you are putting in a lot of time with not many results. You may not be studying in the most efficient way, but everyone learns differently.
did the final come from the block tests mostly? if i study the block tests inside out will I likely pass?

Thanks for the advice. I just finished up on Tuesday. My whole class passed zoom basics. On to OKC now.
did the final come from the block tests?

The FAA thrives on little info. They were born into it. Molded by it.

Anyone who has seen the enroute map will agree.
I know! Its like i memorize the big stuff and then forget that one little line. lol. did the final test come from a lot of block questions? i need to focus on what to study because the stuff i study the most barely come into play lol

I would expect the majority of questions to come from the block test questions, but you may see questions derived from material not covered in the block tests.
Everyone’s final is different. Review the major topics and details like the block test materials, but be prepared for smaller details to show up as well.

There is not an easy answer to your question.

Take notes during class. That helped me absorb and stay occupied. I get nothing from someone droning on and on. Many in my class were nodding off at different times lol. The final is mostly made up of the block tests as mentioned but worded different and they definitely mess with the wording to throw you off. Use those test as a study guide for sure but don’t only study those.

My instructor during basics told us to study the objectives that are at the beginning of each section. That seemed to be a good thing to study/make flash cards of.

You can get the flash cards off quizlet but for me the act of making the flash cards is what helped me learn it

I know! Its like i memorize the big stuff and then forget that one little line. lol. did the final test come from a lot of block questions? i need to focus on what to study because the stuff i study the most barely come into play lol
Lol yup its like that, I would just go over everything for about an hour at night. Try following along in class by taking notes and make stupid mnemonics when studying. As long as you're passing the block tests I wouldn't trip. Also you're going to review before the final as a class. The basics guide really isn't an end all, it was alright as a supplement but def not necessary.

I keep forgetting little info

did the final come from the block tests mostly? if i study the block tests inside out will I likely pass?

I am not trying to make it worse but the Final Exam questions are different/harder. However if u remember the block tests you should be okay they are just not gonna be worded the same .
It’s intensive , and I agree with prior comment of alternative study methods if you find you are spending too much time .
After a certain point you are not gonna retain anything if you study too long .

Lol yup its like that, I would just go over everything for about an hour at night. Try following along in class by taking notes and make stupid mnemonics when studying. As long as you're passing the block tests I wouldn't trip. Also you're going to review before the final as a class. The basics guide really isn't an end all, it was alright as a supplement but def not necessary.
Also what this guy said . ^^

The final is actually harder than the block tests mostly due to tricky wording. Keep chipping away at the info and you’ll be fine. Good luck!d

I am not trying to make it worse but the Final Exam questions are different/harder. However if u remember the block tests you should be okay they are just not gonna be worded the same .
It’s intensive , and I agree with prior comment of alternative study methods if you find you are spending too much time .
After a certain point you are not gonna retain anything if you study too long .

Also what this guy said . ^^
how important in the final was being able to identify aircraft from sight and letter/number? there is over 50 to learn and would rather not take that time studying it if its barely in the final considering it wasnt on my block test at all lol

how important in the final was being able to identify aircraft from sight and letter/number? there is over 50 to learn and would rather not take that time studying it if its barely in the final considering it wasnt on my block test at all lol
Don’t think there was one aircraft Id question . Def not from sight

There was one on mine not a huge section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom