Basics final

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you’re doing right now is learning how too study. Listen to everyone on here and study the block questions and have a general idea of everything else. You’ll be just fine. Studying 5 hours a day is excessive and all you’ll do is burn yourself out.

All you’re doing right now is learning how too study. Listen to everyone on here and study the block questions and have a general idea of everything else. You’ll be just fine. Studying 5 hours a day is excessive and all you’ll do is burn yourself out.

So much this, I studied like, 1-2 hours a day and gave myself sundays off and passed top 3 of my class

This dude is gonna stroke out the second he gets the non radar binder and the map.

If you’re freaking out in Basics, this might not be the job for you. Seriously.
Nah I just think he is taking this to be more than it needs to be. Know the basics. He needs to let loose. If he scored 80s or better on the block tests he will be fine.

chickenxfeet Don’t let people tell you, “you can’t make it” use that as fuel to prove them wrong. Don’t search the internet for answers. Use the books they give you. That’s it. They can’t quiz you on something they didn’t teach.

your right its just been information overload 8 hours a day then another 5 or so tryna study every word of the course lol Im going to stick to going over core concepts and studying the lesson questions, end of module questions and block tests mostly.
5 hours extra day? An hour maybe two tops is more than enough. Reread the first three blocks before the final, don’t worry about 4 and 5 they’ll still be fresh since you’re doing it the same week of the test. If that’s not enough for you to get a 70 then you wouldn’t make it through OKC anyway. I don’t think anyone in my class got less than an 80, you’ll be fine

your right its just been information overload 8 hours a day then another 5 or so tryna study every word of the course lol Im going to stick to going over core concepts and studying the lesson questions, end of module questions and block tests mostly.
Exactly what kind of geniuses do you think the FAA are sending through ATC basics? Nobody knows all 5000 of those tiny details when they pass. It's just a normal academic course and at the end you're expected to be about 70% familiar with the material. Basics is seriously just the intro tutorial, you're not anywhere near the final boss and the FAA really doesn't expect you to be. After all, you could get 1 out of every 4 questions wrong on the final and still pass.

Question. For those who previously took the ATC basics final. We’re the questions relatively similar to the block test you take during the course? I just want a general layout of what to expect for the final. Multiple choice only / true/false / select all that applies and etc. thanks in advance
Relatively similar. Some questions were a little trickey. For example an answer might look right but there’s an Answer that’s more correct.

Take your time and read the questions thoroughly…as long as you study, do well on block tests, and take your time you’re fine.

I haven't even started basics yet but if there is anything I've learned from this thread it is to not be like this guy

If you look at the main reason people fail the PV (simulator) finals it's not for lack of knowledge or ability, it's due to nerves. Those basics test are not designed to make you nervous or be tough. Just listen in class, participate and study a bit each night (like 2 hours max). Then after that trust yourself to be smart enough and go have some drinks or have fun and enjoy life.

Nothing personal buddy. You have been given loads of information and tips from these people but you just keep going on and on.
says somebody who isnt going through it lol also a lot of these people had 4 hours of class during covid and had more time not 8 1/2 hour days then studying 2-3 hours after words. thats over half a day not counting sleep

says somebody who isnt going through it lol also a lot of these people had 4 hours of class during covid and had more time not 8 1/2 hour days then studying 2-3 hours after words. thats over half a day not counting sleep
These people? I spent 8.5 hours at work, studying after work for max 2 hours. The rest of the time was spent caring for my wife and newborn a month old. Did I go through the academy and get sometimes 4 hours of sleep? Hell yeah. Weekends was time off and Sunday night for an hour was refresh. Did I get 100s? No. I got 80s-90s.

Please just tell me you’re trolling, and if not… stop complaining. Saying others had it better or worse doesn’t matter. Just calm down and learn, study and take the test. If you can’t pass the test after being there for 40 hours a week for a month, and studying as well, tHiS JoB AiN’T FoR YoU.

Oh man, sounds like a real job…

and there’s quite a lot of people on this thread that went through the same basics course with the same time restrictions during the pandemic. I’m sorry you’re having a rough time, but there’s also those of us working 6 day weeks, 10 hour shifts with traffic on top of other family/life commitments. If you want this job… and I mean really want this job… then treat it like such.

Lol this dude bitching about having to work 8.5 hour days. Pre-COVID, you had to move to Oklahoma and sit through 8.5hrs of Basics in person. This guy’s gonna blow a gasket when he washes out.
This guys got zero percent chance of even passing basics at this rate. Literally all you need to do during basics is reread all the lesson plans once during the week you take the final. If that’s not enough for you to get a 70 I don’t know what to tell you

I know people who went to the academy (physically in OKC even!) with zero aviation/air traffic knowledge and they worked hard to catch up to where others were. 8.5 hour classroom days, and 3-4 hours of nighttime reading to ensure they understood the material. They only relaxed on the weekends and not even much then.

This isn’t a McDonald’s job. If you can’t handle the workload, then you’re gonna have an even tougher time training at a facility. The academy isn’t there to hold your hand and the facility you wash from won’t be there to teach you fundamentals either. Self-motivate or resign now and save the taxpayers some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom