Benefits during DoD to FAA transfer

After_Victor

Trusted Contributor
I asked HR but haven’t heard back. Those who have made the transfer, any interruptions with healthcare/dental coverage, TSP contribution, FSA account etc?

No, there are not, however when your LES generates it is your responsibility to check it. For example: HR left off my BCBS health deductions, and for some reason TSP thought I “retired.” You need to keep an eye on it for several pay periods to make sure everything goes flawlessly and if need be make some calls to clarify that you are a transfer.

Make sure your scd transfers. Retirement code. And the percent you are paying into retirement. As well as sick leave balance and annual. They had mine all jacked up. Took me months to straighten out.
Ill make sure to verify that info and keep records of what I had before. Thanks for the heads up

I asked HR but haven’t heard back. Those who have made the transfer, any interruptions with healthcare/dental coverage, TSP contribution, FSA account etc?
I didn't have any issues at all. Not one. After receiving and accepting my FAA facility, my FAA HR rep asked for the contact information for my DoD HR rep. I sent an email with a cc: explaining I would be transferring from DoD to FAA with no break in service. Process was easy peasy from there.

Recommendation: If you have a start date and this hasn't happened for you, there's nothing wrong with being proactive and connecting the two HR reps.

I didn't have any issues at all. Not one. After receiving and accepting my FAA facility, my FAA HR rep asked for the contact information for my DoD HR rep. I sent an email with a cc: explaining I would be transferring from DoD to FAA with no break in service. Process was easy peasy from there.

Recommendation: If you have a start date and this hasn't happened for you, there's nothing wrong with being proactive and connecting the two HR reps.
Good to hear, they asked for my DoD HR contact info a month or so before I received my FOL so hopefully I’ll have the same luck as you but honestly I have low expectations from the DOA Hr.

Back
Top Bottom