FAA/contract to DOD questions and quality of life

Does anyone know who I should put my 2 weeks notice in to? I would assume HR for my exit SF50 and maybe the ATM or FLM for scheduling?

Does anyone know who I should put my 2 weeks notice in to? I would assume HR for my exit SF50 and maybe the ATM or FLM for scheduling?
Don’t resign as you’ll have a break in service. DOD HR should be working with FAA HR to process the transfer so you keep all your leave etc. and to calculate pay.

Once you have an offer though I would tell your manager to be expecting paperwork for you.

I have this all firsthand from a friend who did it several years ago, someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Don’t resign as you’ll have a break in service. DOD HR should be working with FAA HR to process the transfer so you keep all your leave etc. and to calculate pay.

Once you have an offer though I would tell your manager to be expecting paperwork for you.

I have this all firsthand from a friend who did it several years ago, someone correct me if I’m wrong.
This 100%

incase anyone cares a couple days after I posted this a bid opened on USAJOBS, I applied and just got a TOL. Good advice everyone!
Congrats! Don't put in your notice. I wouldn't even say anything until you have the FOL. You aren't quitting federal service so DEFINITELY do not resign. You'll get a firm offer with a start date and the 2 HR's reps will talk.

So does any one know how the pay works? Going faa to dod is there any step 00 retained pay? How did it work for you all?
rules for retained pay attached. Doesn't seem likely you'll get retained pay based on this, but I don't HR.

Normally, it would be a GS (level) step 10. I think this could still require management approval, and is often approved, or it could be considered a voluntary downgrade. Voluntary downgrade would be Step 1. I don't think I've seen it done, but I know it's an option, albeit a sh!tty one. Good luck to ya.

Attachments

• 140025-V536p.PDF
    155.1 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom