Best Line to Dodge Traffic

I'm on OT today. Gonna skip for 2,hours at a time in Clearance Delivery then take at least an hour to go get cheap $5 hot n ready Little Caesars pizzas, in honor of this thread and generally taking er easy!

A crowning achievement would be if you managed another 2 hours to do CBI.

Shit. Reroutes to ORD. FRC TMU WX reroutes. Ain't got no time for that!

Lol @ CBI... Plus my PW is expired so I can do the whole help desk game, wait 15 mins...stir rinse repeat... Win

Thread went dead, needs a bump! View attachment 2765

Safety was never compromised!

I spoke w FightingIrish2012 by phone today, and he says he is deep in thought mulling over his strategy. Ive started thinking of him as a Big Lebowski like character. There's a lot riding on which line to bid. Its like trying to time the stock market...you do all the research and watch Cramer spazz out on CNBc & think you've got it.... Then boom, China tweet. Would hate to bid the wrong line on false pretenses and end up working more traffic than you needed to. The road to hell is paved w good intentions!

Or you could just run for facrep, they don't train and if Paul Rinaldi is Natca God that make you Jesus like... And we all know.... 2767

I have heard some facilities push the whole "CISM" (critical incident stress management). When you have a "bad deal" the rep comes and asks if you need time off? Perhaps enough time so as not to lose currency but still get a few weeks off? IS this true? sources say A80 is not bashful about this sort of trauma leave?

p.s. I wouldnt wish a bad deal or incident on my worst enemy.

giphy.gif

I have heard some facilities push the whole "CISM" (critical incident stress management). When you have a "bad deal" the rep comes and asks if you need time off? Perhaps enough time so as not to lose currency but still get a few weeks off? IS this true? sources say A80 is not bashful about this sort of trauma leave?

p.s. I wouldnt wish a bad deal or incident on my worst enemy.

Theoretically if you see a therapist or say that you need time off after a bad deal, the AME office could pull your medical on grounds of emotional instability or some shit. That being said, a decent ATM should offer you a couple days of admin time if it was really that bad. Or you call out sick for a few days, idk. But if you need to utilize CISM, that's why it's there. Better get your head on straight before you come back to work than to put more airplanes together because you were scared to lose your medical. Then again, medical retirement wouldnt be the worst thing...

And yeah, the guys at the super short big boi TRACONs pretty much take trauma leave anytime some shit goes down while they're on position. Call it a break from working 60 hour weeks nonstop for 6 months. They fuckin deserve that shit.

And yeah, the guys at the super short big boi TRACONs pretty much take trauma leave anytime some shit goes down while they're on position. Call it a break from working 60 hour weeks nonstop for 6 months. They fuckin deserve that shit.

I am all for it. ?

Hello everyone, I just wanted to announce that I just bid things went exactly as planned. Thanks for all your support and feedback. While I’m about 2/3 of the way up seniority, weekends off fell to me (people need their Sunday pay). With that line I have two evenings, two mornings and a mid. So I dodge the heavy GA traffic on Saturday, and the big IFR traffic Sunday night. Additionally, while Monday and Tuesday can get busy those are my only two evenings. Wednesday and Thursday are morning shifts which are traditionally better staffed with controllers and sups getting currency so I’ll miss as much Thursday traffic as possible too. My mid is Thursday night into Friday. That’s not problematic unless weather delays a big inbound push, but I have plenty of leave to bang in those days. Finally there are at least two alpha (or as they are now called “Atlas”) controller’s on my line who like to work the busy traffic. That will play in great, one of them is a great controller, the other just thinks they are but at least they will suck up lots of time on position. So it all worked out, I recommend a similar line if you are trying to maximize CIC pay and work less airplanes.

Finally there are at least two alpha (or as they are now called “Atlas”) controller’s on my line who like to work the busy traffic. That will play in great, one of them is a great controller, the other just thinks they are but at least they will suck up lots of time on position. So it all worked out, I recommend a similar line if you are trying to maximize CIC pay and work less airplanes.

congrats on getting a good line and minimizing your anxiety level. +Atlas controllers are always key! ?

Back
Top Bottom