Camp Zama, Japan

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
Basic research yields heliport/small time ops/etc… seems like morale among the civilians is decent, anyone know first/second hand the usual facility questions?

Edit: iOS 16 autocorrect sucks

Last edited:
I worked at Yokota RAPCON a couple years ago for a little while and my experience with Kastner is very few IFR ops and not that many ops in general, all helicopter. The airspace is basically a small cutout of Atsugi naval airbase's airspace that is south east of it. I only went the base once but it is small and comes with what a small army post consists of, PX, gym, a club but they also have grounds for camping and outdoor activities and golf course. I would assume facility is pretty chill cause every time there we gave them an inbound they sounded like they just woke up from a nap.

I worked at Yokota RAPCON a couple years ago for a little while and my experience with Kastner is very few IFR ops and not that many ops in general, all helicopter. The airspace is basically a small cutout of Atsugi naval airbase's airspace that is south east of it. I only went the base once but it is small and comes with what a small army post consists of, PX, gym, a club but they also have grounds for camping and outdoor activities and golf course. I would assume facility is pretty chill cause every time there we gave them an inbound they sounded like they just woke up from a nap.
Thank you!

Any more info on controller life at Camp Zama? Anyone works/has worked here open to some questions?

I worked with someone who was at Camp Zama a few years ago. He absolutely loved it. I’d consider it if it wasn’t such a pay cut for me.

Back
Top Bottom