Change in Status to those on Excused Absence (Proposal)?

Don’t @ me with that bs. You’d be pissed too

Nope. I would be thankful sitting at home, being paid to do nothing.

You know who should be pissed? The people at the academy 1-2 weeks away from graduation who were sent home making $12 an hour for the foreseeable future and may have to restart okc over again.

But honestly... nobody should be pissed. Covid wasnt a choice aside from the way it was handled by your boss in D.C.

Nope. I would be thankful sitting at home, being paid to do nothing.

You know who should be pissed? The people at the academy 1-2 weeks away from graduation who were sent home making $12 an hour for the foreseeable future and may have to restart okc over again.

But honestly... nobody should be pissed. Covid wasnt a choice aside from the way it was handled by your boss in D.C.
Yah cus when your told for 5 months you just gotta wait for your class it’s how it is. Then they hit you with covid. Like what were we doing for 5 months when it was busy.

Yah cus when your told for 5 months you just gotta wait for your class it’s how it is. Then they hit you with covid. Like what were we doing for 5 months when it was busy.

I mean you have to blame the training program at your facility for that, not covid. This time isnt fun for many American's but its the card thats dealt right now. Bitching wont change anything. Enjoy your time off.

Other people were in class at academy from previous bids...? Like I get the anger at being delayed and being stuck at 12/hr for what looks like half a year at this point, but blaming the FAA for COVID fucking everything up is like spitting in the sun because of global warming, completely futile and very misguided.

You should be BLAMING THE CHINESE /s

And yeah I'm pissed at being stuck at 12/hr but honestly we're getting "seniority" and racking up leave for sitting on our asses at home. Drive for uber eats or work on a side hustle if you're THAT cash strapped

Other people were in class at academy from previous bids...? Like I get the anger at being delayed and being stuck at 12/hr for what looks like half a year at this point, but blaming the FAA for COVID fucking everything up is like spitting in the sun because of global warming, completely futile and very misguided.

You should be BLAMING THE CHINESE /s
Im not in the academy. Don’t worry we already got delayed form government shutdown. Our delay is longer than our actual training lol

Im not in the academy. Don’t worry we already got delayed form government shutdown. Our delay is longer than our actual training lol
That's my mistake. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ write a letter to your congressman, improve the system babe. Being stuck at AG pay is shite as well but not the end of the world.

I knew that the possibility of training being delayed for months for "equipment upgrades" is a possibility. It's bad luck, sorry to hear that.

Why did the government shut down delay your training? I remember training through the one before last i believe, just not getting paid. Also, you could be at zny or n90 waiting 2 years to start training. Life could be worse.

Why did the government shut down delay your training? I remember training through the one before last i believe, just not getting paid. Also, you could be at zny or n90 waiting 2 years to start training. Life could be worse.
Because my d side class was cancelled. I think that’s the main thing this sub doesn’t understand. When everything is shutdown no one goes to class. And class is pretty important to getting certs.

I’ve been in for over 2 years.

Because my d side class was cancelled. I think that’s the main thing this sub doesn’t understand. When everything is shutdown no one goes to class. And class is pretty important to getting certs.

I’ve been in for over 2 years.

Yeah well you have to blame your facility for delaying you in the first place. I know a cpc it at a center with a very good training program and is still training going into their 3rd year. Look, all im saying is there is nothing you can do. You can moan all you want but covid is not going to just vanish. Unfortunately life is shits on us at th most unexpected times. Enjoy your time off and the time you have now that you will probably never have for the rest of your career.

I mean like the natca brothers can just say man those circumstances suck. Instead of saying we are like “lucky”
That’s exactly what I mean. Nobody wants this, and everyone is worse off for it. I get that we need to check our privilege or whatever, but being delayed sucks.

Can I ask you what facility you work at?
Why does it matter?
Yeah well you have to blame your facility for delaying you in the first place. I know a cpc it at a center with a very good training program and is still training going into their 3rd year. Look, all im saying is there is nothing you can do. You can moan all you want but covid is not going to just vanish. Unfortunately life is shits on us at th most unexpected times. Enjoy your time off and the time you have now that you will probably never have for the rest of your career.
i mean moaning is nice. That’s what we do. We moan about the dumbest shit. Moaning about getting your career delayed for years is pretty big.

Why does it matter?

i mean moaning is nice. That’s what we do. We moan about the dumbest shit. Moaning about getting your career delayed for years is pretty big.
So I know where to avoid if I ever get the chance. just kidding, curious if you're enroute or terminal. I agree its a shitty situation though.

Back
Top Bottom