Change in Status to those on Excused Absence (Proposal)?

I
It’s nice on CPC pay I guess

What about all that “banding together” bullshit you spewed further down thread? Yes it is nice being a CPC at my third facility. I worked for that, sacrificed a little for that, and I earned it.

I would also trade places with anyone at work in a heartbeat if it meant I didn't have to live my entire life with a chronic health condition that has prevented me from achieving my dreams and will in all likelihood take over a decade off the end of my life. But I truly wouldn’t wish that on anyone. My pay is down ~$4000 per month take home, and I wish I could do something to change that too.

But I can’t, just like millions of other things in your life you can’t change. It’s called being an adult and you should try to get used to it. Be grateful you’re being paid to stay home. Millions of Americans are not, millions of Americans would trade places with you in a heartbeat. Always remember that.

I

What about all that “banding together” bullshit you spewed further down thread? Yes it is nice being a CPC at my third facility. I worked for that, sacrificed a little for that, and I earned it.

I would also trade places with anyone at work in a heartbeat if it meant I didn't have to live my entire life with a chronic health condition that has prevented me from achieving my dreams and will in all likelihood take over a decade off the end of my life. But I truly wouldn’t wish that on anyone. My pay is down ~$4000 per month take home, and I wish I could do something to change that too.

But I can’t, just like millions of other things in your life you can’t change. It’s called being an adult and you should try to get used to it. Be grateful you’re being paid to stay home. Millions of Americans are not, millions of Americans would trade places with you in a heartbeat. Always remember that.
Banding together. Wtf are you talking about. How is your take home down 4000? That’s almost more than my entire take home currently.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but legitimately just curious, if you have a medical condition so bad it’s going to shave a decade off your life, how do you keep a medical clearance?

I am grateful. But I’d feel like I could come to an atc forum and bitch about our circumstance? I don’t bitch to my unemployed friends.

I dont hear anyone else bitching but you ans maybe 1 other person. Everyone else is at home chilling getting paid to watch tv.

Banding together. Wtf are you talking about. How is your take home down 4000? That’s almost more than my entire take home currently.

Ill bite. N90 is one of the facilities that im sure people are taking a huge pay cut not working 6 days 10 hr days

ATC 12 working 24 hours a paycheck of OT lol. But being at work that much sucks the life out of you, and yeah I get it, it sucks, but tbh I would much rather be paid to sit at home than be paid to be at work. This is like everyone’s dream gig. It’s like what retirement must be like honestly.

I get how badly the FAA fucks people sometimes. And you may be one of those people. I’m not trying to be a dick, but you can be miserable or you can make the most of life. I don’t really like being miserable so I guess I only have one choice.

I do really feel bad for the trainees especially those who are at mins and recommended but the sup was being dumb and delaying a check ride to or whatever. But that’s shitty management’s fault not the fault of CoVid. And how about our contractors who work in the sims and teach the classes who are all home not getting paid right now. Not only no pay but no health insurance or whatever other benefits they get either. And they are the ones who guide you up to that high six figure salary when you check out, so my point is yes, it sucks, but be grateful for everything we have in this awesome career. Any private sector job you’re out on hour ass.

O
ATC 12 working 24 hours a paycheck of OT lol. But being at work that much sucks the life out of you, and yeah I get it, it sucks, but tbh I would much rather be paid to sit at home than be paid to be at work. This is like everyone’s dream gig. It’s like what retirement must be like honestly.

I get how badly the FAA fucks people sometimes. And you may be one of those people. I’m not trying to be a dick, but you can be miserable or you can make the most of life. I don’t really like being miserable so I guess I only have one choice.

I do really feel bad for the trainees especially those who are at mins and recommended but the sup was being dumb and delaying a check ride to or whatever. But that’s shitty management’s fault not the fault of CoVid. And how about our contractors who work in the sims and teach the classes who are all home not getting paid right now. Not only no pay but no health insurance or whatever other benefits they get either. And they are the ones who guide you up to that high six figure salary when you check out, so my point is yes, it sucks, but be grateful for everything we have in this awesome career. Any private sector job you’re out on hour ass.
h I feel bad for the contractors too. They should be back running our sims. But it’s rich to have a CPC making 150+ telling you that your living the dream life. A lot of people quit careers to take this job.

I can’t believe all the PRIVILEGED people in here bitching about people bitching in here! Did you know that there are some countries where they don’t have the freedom speech to bitch? Count yourself lucky, read the bitching, and ENJOY it.
When I joined the gub’mint I’m pretty sure one of the job requirements was bitching about anything and everything. Only a 50 minute break? Bullshit! Less than an hour spool down? WTF!!! Over an hour on position? FacRep!!!!!! Two months free leave during the nice spring weather?? Congressman!!!!!

When I joined I’m pretty sure one of the job requirements was bitching about anything and everything. Only a 50 minute break? Bullshit! Less than an hour spool down? WTF!!! Over an hour on position? FacRep!!!!!! Two months free leave during the nice spring weather?? Congressman!!!!!
This guy gets it

I’m surprised you haven’t quit yet. I keep seeing job postings everywhere for sit on your ass at home positions starting at a minimum of $45k.
Faa trainers: we want trainees that want to work hard

we want to work hard: WE DONT MEAN NOW ENJOY SITTINGAT HOME. YOURE UNGRATFUL

What you want is to ignore social distancing and open up the lab so you can get D side time. Let’s let that sink in again...this is about D side time...in the lab. Why didn’t you say so earlier? They’re ain’t no higher priority than that!
I have all my d sides

Back
Top Bottom