Change of Station leave

I'm at a level 12 center. My facrep told me COS is subject to staffing. So basically I have to get off the schedule first before I get the COS.

Doesn't anyone have any updates on this fighting their facility over it?
Rough month for some of these center FacReps... tell him to read his contract...

Section 4. Up to sixty-four (64) hours of excused absence, as requested by the employee, shall be granted for arrangements incident to a change in the employee's official post of duty, including initial assignments, and upon completion of initial qualifications training, regardless of whether or not the residence is being relocated.

Now, if you're trying to take COS for the second part of the article (up to 2 years after showing up at a new facility) that may be granted, which is subject to staffing.

Any fight (either way) will be over shortly after escalating the situation.

What I've run into (EnRoute ERR):
Area Rep says COS is subject to staffing (FWIW a Supe who wont be around when I leave supported the AR). AR also says that "shall" in the contract doesn't mean what we know it to mean in the 65. I asked AR what "shall" meant in that case AR replied they "didn't know" (and the contract was written by people pushing their own agenda) and COS is NOT automatically granted. Also told me that COS is meant for other things such as OKC to Facility, and that I need to loosen my focus on the "Up to 64 hours of excused absence, as requested by the employee, shall be granted..." sentence. AR then told me that I need to relinquish my Bid Annual Leave (I bid it, planning to change it into COS), and re-request it as COS leave in line with everyone else's requests.

Facility Rep told a Co-Worker that COS is automatically granted, and thats how the contract reads. FR advised to reference Art. 29 Sec 4 in the remarks section of the leave request in Web Scheduler.

So I've been told it both ways, and am curious to see how this is going to play out.

Area Rep says COS is subject to staffing (FWIW a Supe who wont be around when I leave supported the AR). AR also says that "shall" in the contract doesn't mean what we know it to mean in the 65. I asked AR what "shall" meant in that case AR replied they "didn't know" (and the contract was written by people pushing their own agenda) and COS is NOT automatically granted. Also told me that COS is meant for other things such as OKC to Facility, and that I need to loosen my focus on the "Up to 64 hours of excused absence, as requested by the employee, shall be granted..." sentence. AR then told me that I need to relinquish my Bid Annual Leave (I bid it, planning to change it into COS), and re-request it as COS leave in line with everyone else's requests.

Facility Rep told a Co-Worker that COS is automatically granted, and thats how the contract reads. FR advised to reference Art. 29 Sec 4 in the remarks section of the leave request in Web Scheduler.

So I've been told it both ways, and am curious to see how this is going to play out.
“I don’t know what shall means”

You gotta be kidding me

I bid my annual leave and had them change it to COS leave. In reality I should have told them to f*ck off, and fought the issue, but it didn’t make much difference since I wasn’t going to bid much leave before my transfer date. You should not have to relinquish your annual leave and request COS.

It’s probably a move by your rep to get more annual leave spots, but put you in limbo about your leave. Tell him that you pay your dues money for a reason, and to f*ck off as well.

I had to escalate my COS to the district manager/NATCA RVP. It eventually came down my way and I got it all off. If your facrep won’t take care of it, escalate it to the RVP yourself. Doug Pincock has taken care of this issue a few times. Even if your not from his region I’m sure he’d be happy to help out.

Back
Top Bottom