CPC-IT/ Trainee transfers

Kilo-Romeo

Lurker
Random question. I know a trainee/CPC-IT can transfer after submitting paperwork, my question is do they count against the manning at their current facility.
For example, if a facility can’t let anyone leave, is the CPC-it/trainee unable to leave as well? If the facility can let one person leave, is the CPC-IT/ trainee eligible?
After looking through the NCEPT MOU, I couldn’t find an answer or maybe I just overlooked it.
thanks in advance

Random question. I know a trainee/CPC-IT can transfer after submitting paperwork, my question is do they count against the manning at their current facility.
For example, if a facility can’t let anyone leave, is the CPC-it/trainee unable to leave as well? If the facility can let one person leave, is the CPC-IT/ trainee eligible?
After looking through the NCEPT MOU, I couldn’t find an answer or maybe I just overlooked it.
thanks in advance
Yes they count. So no, if a facility is unable to leave a trainee cannot bid out. If a facility is eligible to lose someone, trainees are considered only after CPCs

thanks in advance

To get more specific, a trainee is 1 multiplied by the pass rate for that facility. So if your facility has a 75% pass rate then the trainee is .75 Projected AOB for the facility.

It's not that a CPCIT/DEV is considered above/below a CPC at their facility.
But a CPCIT/DEV that applied to XXX is considered after a CPC that also applied to XXX. And if all the CPCs that applied to XXX aren't eligible to be selected, while that CPCIT/DEV is still able to be released, then yes that selection could happen.

But for real natca should be fighting to get trainee swaps since everyone has to start over anyways
The minute they allow trainees to swap those coming out of OKC will be putting in their paperwork just so they don't have to go to a certain location. The system sucks bucks allowing trainees to swap doesn't solve anything.

They might as well just let all the trainees jockey around with each other during all this bullshit.
I’ll let you jockey me

The minute they allow trainees to swap those coming out of OKC will be putting in their paperwork just so they don't have to go to a certain location. The system sucks bucks allowing trainees to swap doesn't solve anything.
Who cares? Let them file. If someone willingly wants to go to ZOA or ZNY and wants to swap a trainee who doesn’t want to be there, should be a positive for everyone

I’ll let you jockey me

Who cares? Let them file. If someone willingly wants to go to ZOA or ZNY and wants to swap a trainee who doesn’t want to be there, should be a positive for everyone
The CPCs that have been waiting in NCEPT purgatory would care if all of a sudden the flood gates open for trainees to leave. It's already happening via hardships at at ZOA and The NY facilities.

The CPCs that have been waiting in NCEPT purgatory would care if all of a sudden the flood gates open for trainees to leave. It's already happening via hardships at at ZOA and The NY facilities.
That’s what I’m saying though, the floodgates argument is kind of wrong, because are there really a ton of people who want to swap into ZOA or ZNY?

If I were to submit paperwork to transfer from a tower to a center as a D2 trainee, was actually picked up (I understand it isn’t likely), do I keep the D2 at the center?

Also, is it up to the center if I have to go through the enroute academy course? Does RTF have any influence on that?

Last edited:
If I were to submit paperwork to transfer from a tower to a center as a D2 trainee, was actually picked up (I understand it isn’t likely), do I keep the D2 at the center?

Also, is it up to the center if I have to go through the enroute academy course? Does RTF have any influence on that?
I don’t think you would have to go to the academy since you’ve already been a CPC. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong

RTF has nothing to do with enroute training

They’re not going to send you to the academy

CPC-IT at a center getting my half on the go. D3 at the facility is higher than what I am paid. Once I hit the D3 requirements would I get a pay raise or do I just wait until I am fully checked out to get my CPC raise.

CPC-IT at a center getting my half on the go. D3 at the facility is higher than what I am paid. Once I hit the D3 requirements would I get a pay raise or do I just wait until I am fully checked out to get my CPC raise.

Back
Top Bottom