CRWG

I mean it was. It will hopefully force the FAA to hire, more people, and force Congress to give the FAA enough money to do that hiring. Our current hiring numbers barely cover the losses of those leaving the agency. We need to get more people.
There was already thousands of open positions available to hire for. Why couldn’t they just start with those?

They haven’t really sent AGs to high level tracons in 7ish years.
They are sending prior experience guys there. I would say a good rule of everyone can agree on is you shouldn’t be stuck at your first facility for reasons beyond your control if you put your time in

They are sending prior experience guys there. I would say a good rule of everyone can agree on is you shouldn’t be stuck at your first facility for reasons beyond your control if you put your time in
They have been sending some. Some may have been reentrants as well. Probably less than 1% of total new hires. It’s mostly 10 tracons like M98 and S56.

There was already thousands of open positions available to hire for. Why couldn’t they just start with those?
Cuz that makes too much sense, and it's the government!!

Preface this with I could be off base. But, this is my tarded controller take.
ATO side has those positions open. They know we need controllers. FAA finance says the NAS is 100% staffed, there for those positions can't or don't need to be filled. Finance controls the money, and is only financing for enough new controllers to replace those which we are losing every year. As we all know, there are many times the number of qualified applicants than we could possibly take, but the academy hasn't run at max capacity in years and years. They haven't even tried. Why? Because ATO can't get the money to do it. Hopefully by using the CRWG numbers, everyone is forced to accept the NAS needs more controllers, and the FAA can get, and spend the funding, to make it happen.
NATCA in Washington was based around staffing and the CRWG.

Cuz that makes too much sense, and it's the government!!

Preface this with I could be off base. But, this is my tarded controller take.
ATO side has those positions open. They know we need controllers. FAA finance says the NAS is 100% staffed, there for those positions can't or don't need to be filled. Finance controls the money, and is only financing for enough new controllers to replace those which we are losing every year. As we all know, there are many times the number of qualified applicants than we could possibly take, but the academy hasn't run at max capacity in years and years. They haven't even tried. Why? Because ATO can't get the money to do it. Hopefully by using the CRWG numbers, everyone is forced to accept the NAS needs more controllers, and the FAA can get, and spend the funding, to make it happen.
NATCA in Washington was based around staffing and the CRWG.
Natca in Washington barely even gets to meet with congress people. I loved all the photos with staffers and I love how our people were way overdressed compared to the staffers that looked casual and normal.

Natca in Washington barely even gets to meet with congress people. I loved all the photos with staffers and I love how our people were way overdressed compared to the staffers that looked casual and normal.
Make sure you donate money to the PAC though so we can bribe politicians for face time

I love that picture of all the white males in their huge suits on the steps of congress. There must be 200 of them that went
Not sure why it has to be a race thing. If you're referencing this picture then the composition of the people is pretty accurate to the composition of the US. White people make up nearly 60% of the US population, so obviously there are going to be more of them than any other race.

Not sure why it has to be a race thing. If you're referencing this picture then the composition of the people is pretty accurate to the composition of the US. White people make up nearly 60% of the US population, so obviously there are going to be more of them than any other race.
You think air traffic controllers accurately represent the demographics of the US?

You do know that those staffers are the actual people you need to talk to in order to get stuff done in that office? Reps and Senators don't know the details on most anything, just a broad overview or basic understanding since they have such a variety of issues to "deal" with. They rely on their staff to get the details sorted out and inform them on what the actual issues are and what they can do. Just go to your senators or reps website and in the contact section, you'll see 20+ different topics that your email pertains to and each of those are looked at by a different staffer usually who specializes or handles that topic.

You do know that those staffers are the actual people you need to talk to in order to get stuff done in that office? Reps and Senators don't know the details on most anything, just a broad overview or basic understanding since they have such a variety of issues to "deal" with. They rely on their staff to get the details sorted out and inform them on what the actual issues are and what they can do. Just go to your senators or reps website and in the contact section, you'll see 20+ different topics that your email pertains to and each of those are looked at by a different staffer usually who specializes or handles that topic.
And what were they lobbying for? Not a new contract that’s for sure

Back
Top Bottom