Dissenting Opinions on a Forum

Talking about how a center controller would feel at a tower is exactly what the op was asking. This is a forum for ATC, why the hell would snark not be allowed in a disagreement?

There was a lot of snark and unhelpful sniping at each other instead of answering the OPs question
Thank you CaptainObvious (so meta).

I feel a certain type of way about the mods locking threads. Especially with no explanation.
See the Site Usage Guidelines for an explanation.
Additionally, it was locked because of frivolous reports directed at you.

The fiancé thread went on forever though - way more snarky AND still not locked so maybe this one hit a nerve or something
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. ?

Why you got to blast flight service like that? I got that vailed comment.

I don't think I was very veiled in my comments about flight service. I also don't think I'm the only one with those feelings, I'm just ok with saying how I feel even though it might not be what he wants to hear. Is the goal to have an echo chamber? Tell me where in that thread I was rude or used personal attacks? Disagreeing =/= being unprofessional

Thank you CaptainObvious (so meta).

See the Site Usage Guidelines for an explanation.
Additionally, it was locked because of frivolous reports directed at you.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. ?

Same to you. Was I sarcastic? Absolutely. Was I somehow more out of line than that guy? Not even fucking close. Unless I was reported for sarcasm, and that's against the rules, then who cares if I was reported? If they are frivolous then who cares? Are we locking anything that people disagree with? Can I frivolously report your resource posts and get them locked? Of course not, because that would be ridiculous.

I don't think I was very veiled in my comments about flight service. I also don't think I'm the only one with those feelings, I'm just ok with saying how I feel even though it might not be what he wants to hear. Is the goal to have an echo chamber? Tell me where in that thread I was rude or used personal attacks? Disagreeing =/= being unprofessional

Same to you. Was I sarcastic? Absolutely. Was I somehow more out of line than that guy? Not even fucking close. Unless I was reported for sarcasm, and that's against the rules, then who cares if I was reported? If they are frivolous then who cares? Are we locking anything that people disagree with? Can I frivolously report your resource posts and get them locked? Of course not, because that would be ridiculous.
Settle down brother I was just kidding lol.

Try to follow... it was locked because of what he was doing. Not what you posted. Stop with the victim complex.

frivolous reports directed at you.

Try to follow... it was locked because of what he was doing. Not what you posted. Stop with the victim complex.

Then you misspoke in your first comment. I'll try to keep up.

That doesn't change how I feel about locking threads. Delete comments (which I also don't usually agree with) or let people respond.

tenor.gif

Dissenting opinions are not synonymous w trolling and thread jacking. Dissenting opinions are the lifeblood of forums, the alternative is called CNN. :lol:

In some cases locking threads is better than locking people.

T. Swift is BAE. When peeps hatin' I be like...

Back
Top Bottom