Censorship? Is this North Korea?

Compounding on my 32hr workweek post, perhaps there are better solutions to the underlying problem than attempting to put a bandaid on a bullet hole. $26m towards “increased safety measures” (ASDE, STARS, more memory aids - which, for the record I think every airport would benefit from with the exception of additional memory aids). It’s like saying “our controllers are falling asleep on position so we're prescribing everyone caffeine pills.” However, it’s a pat on the back for the fat cats to pad their resume with affirmations that THEY DID SOMETHING without actually doing something for those of us in the trenches.

They toss us to the wolves and force us to make due - 60 hour work weeks, disgruntled and fragile home lives, burnout, fatigue - and then turn around and blame us when their “solutions” don’t solve the problem.

We did get a sweet nod from Reuters in the second to last paragraph with one sentence “also yeah we know controllers are severely understaffed.”

The longer we show the FAA the system can survive on low manning, mandatory OT, etc etc the harder it will be for them to actually move off of staffing to FAA finance.

The longer we show the FAA the system can survive on low manning, mandatory OT, etc etc the harder it will be for them to actually move off of staffing to FAA finance.
Brother, staffing is never moving off finance, and even if it somehow did, we would just hire 1,400 people a year vs a goal of 2,200 instead of 1,400 people vs a goal of 1,800 like we do now. Do you seriously think a new Academy will be built and operational during our career span and that HR would get good and hit hiring timelines lol?

It might suck but the only thing they can do to compensate us for the eternally low manning and high OT will be to pay the shit out of us, 30% more at least. Not ideal but I promise staffing will never get better, so that’s the only consolation #razewen?

Been a while... Looks like everyone is regretting the last election XD.
I am sure they are. The last 2 maybe? lol. Sorry I don't get on here too much anymore but thought I would hop on to see if the rumors about who was running this next year were true, which got me on this thread.
Let me get some of my thoughts together and I will gladly post a history lesson for everyone on that election.

I am sure they are. The last 2 maybe? lol. Sorry I don't get on here too much anymore but thought I would hop on to see if the rumors about who was running this next year were true, which got me on this thread.
Let me get some of my thoughts together and I will gladly post a history lesson for everyone on that election.
Please, not going to lie I am exhausted texting people XD.

Good to see that over a year later nothing has changed here lol

Back
Top Bottom