Ending of a Temp Sup position.

OrangeYOGAMat

FAA
Facility
MKC Kansas City Downtown Tower
If a temp FLM position for 180 days not to be extended ends prior to a pay period. Is the controller still a FLM until the next pay period or does he/she stop being an FLM on day 181?

If a temp FLM position for 180 days not to be extended ends prior to a pay period. Is the controller still a FLM until the next pay period or does he/she stop being an FLM on day 181?
I would imagine day 181, HR brags to have the ability to change pay rates mid pay period now. It’s their moon landing even though the private sector has been doing it since 1776. But realistically, I doubt the ATM would literally hold you to precisely 180 days, almost for sure he would let it ride until the end of the pay period.

I would imagine day 181, HR brags to have the ability to change pay rates mid pay period now. It’s their moon landing even though the private sector has been doing it since 1776. But realistically, I doubt the ATM would literally hold you to precisely 180 days, almost for sure he would let it ride until the end of the pay period.

Awww the days of ye olde continental HR

Last edited:
I think they can. My last dev raise I didn’t get the whole pay period :(

I think they can. My last dev raise I didn’t get the whole pay period :(

You should fight that. You should get your new rate the following day. It will process as backpay the pay period after for the days you got bumped up in the prior period. If your HR rep doesn’t want to do it then ask them for a check from their personal pay to cover their laziness.

You should fight that. You should get your new rate the following day. It will process as backpay the pay period after for the days you got bumped up in the prior period. If your HR rep doesn’t want to do it then ask them for a check from their personal pay to cover their laziness.
Yeah talk to your Facrep. That is 100% your money by contract.

Isn't that what he's saying happened though? Like he got paid the raise by the day instead of getting it back dated the whole pay period?

This
Isn't that what he's saying happened though? Like he got paid the raise by the day instead of getting it back dated the whole pay period?
this^ my first raise I got the whole pay period. This last one I only got from the exact day I got certified.

Yeah talk to your Facrep. That is 100% your money by contract.
I’m sure the Fac Rep will be in a hurry to help a FLM.

The real question is do you lose all previously earned seniority time if you become a temporary FLM?

I’m sure the Fac Rep will be in a hurry to help a FLM.

The real question is do you lose all previously earned seniority time if you become a temporary FLM?

You lose time if you voluntarily accept a temp sup job for the length the of the detail.

You do not lose time if the agency has to force a controller to assume the temp FLM position (I’m assuming very rare).

Back
Top Bottom