EQIP/background history dates different from application

nbk14

I have an eqip on file already from a different job application and someone said if you filled it out a second time with different dates then it would be flagged. The dates for one of my work history listed on my FAA app is different but easily explainable. It was a mom and pop restaurant job who in the beginning only called me when they needed help. When I was actually put on the schedule for 20+ hours is the start date i put down on my faa.

I've heard of people being interviewed for hours over stuff like this--would it be safer to wait for the next bid to put matching dates?

Also, I have estranged siblings who I don't have info on. Does this hold up security clearances too?

odotsal

Trusted Contributor
Since no one has responded yet, I’d say don’t stress over it. If the security POC needs something from you, they’ll ask for it.

Etney

There's always ways to not answer/get around questions on eqip then put in an explanation. If you can not gain info on siblings, I wouldn't worry about it. I had a step-brother born on a military base in Germany 2 years before they changed the law making that no longer considered US soil so I had to provide citizenship documents that he did not have (since he, at the time, was born on what was considered US soil). I just explained it in a comment and didn't answer the following citizenship questions. If there is any issues they will contact you.