Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-17-ATCEXP-52850

Living in poverty he says lol how soon we forget what it’s like to live on active duty pay. Even with the BAH is was still like half what we get as a contractor or dod haha

I can see that when you are e-4 And below. I think e5 and above with bah and free tricare takes home more than someone at a level 5-6 tower with all factors involved. Regardless, 100k in SF or even LA will get you a little over poverty after taxes lol. Within the last 9 months, I was Navy at NGP, Serco at FTG, and RVA at BRO (ATM). Navy E-6 pay with tax-free BAH easily made the most. That being said, it feels great coming to work and clocking out after 8 hours. No more weekend rove watches or mando PT or nko courses. Easy tradeoff. As far as DOD, the Navy DOD guys dont get SSR at most bases. Lowest paying job in all of ATC in my opinion.

Lists wern't distributed yesterday because the office was closed due to weather in OKC. They told me to keep checking my email between now and Tuesday. If we don't hear anything by Tuesday to call back for an update on Wednesday.

I called today asking about the status of my FOL the lady explained that they usually have an idea by Wednesday for the lists that typically come out on a Thursday (which confirms many other postings about the Thursday deal) but she said she wasn’t sure. She also confirmed my medical cleared on the 22nd of this month. So not too long ago. I’m wondering if she meant she had no idea on the status of mine due to the fact that my clearance just came in maybe I’m not in this round because of the whole weather thing and February people hadn’t received theirs like maybe theirs was pushed back pushing mine back as well as others so if you’ve had your medical cleared awhile ago already maybe you should try calling and seeing the status and they might have a better idea for yours? I waited on the phone for only about 5 mins so it’s worth a shot...if anyone does call could they please update here? Please and thank you and good luck!!!

I’m wondering if she meant she had no idea on the status of mine due to the fact that my clearance just came in maybe I’m not in this round because of the whole weather thing and February people hadn’t received theirs like maybe theirs was pushed back pushing mine back as well as others so if you’ve had your medical cleared awhile ago already maybe you should try calling and seeing the status and they might have a better idea for yours?

Try reading that out loud lol

Try reading that out loud lol
Lol sorry I was excited!! I have movement in my application. I wanted it to make sense but I also just wanted to hurry up and post to see if anyone else would call and check. I know I needed some commas and periods but I was in a rush man. Adrenaline was coursing through my veins lol. My apologies I hope it made sense to someone.

To Clarify, now that I’m not so hyped up:

I’m wondering if she meant she wasn’t sure on the status of mine because I’m not in this upcoming round of FOL’s due to the fact that my clearance just came in, or maybe the whole weather ordeal pushing the people who would have received theirs in February back, in turn pushed mine back until the next round, as well as some others that may have received theirs in March IF people scheduled to receive theirs in February had received theirs accordingly. So if you’ve had your medical cleared awhile ago, maybe you should try calling to see the status. They might have a better idea for yours?

I apologize for my original post and if it had not made sense to anyone. I’m hoping that this one can clarify what I was trying to say. My mind was traveling way faster then my fingers could type. With all that I was thinking I would have said the same thing out loud (my mouth would have been moving faster then my brain would have registered) confusing anyone and that person would have had to calm me down to break it down for them lol. I’m normally a proof reader before I post anything but again I was EXCITED!

I’m wondering if she meant she wasn’t sure on the status of mine because I’m not in this upcoming round of FOL’s due to the fact that my clearance just came in, or maybe the whole weather ordeal pushing the people who would have received theirs in February back, in turn pushed mine back until the next round, as well as some others that may have received theirs in March IF people scheduled to receive theirs in February had received theirs accordingly. So if you’ve had your medical cleared awhile ago, maybe you should try calling to see the status. They might have a better idea for yours?

I apologize for my original post and if it had not made sense to anyone. I’m hoping that this one can clarify what I was trying to say. My mind was traveling way faster then my fingers could type. With all that I was thinking I would have said the same thing out loud (my mouth would have been moving faster then my brain would have registered) confusing anyone and that person would have had to calm me down to break it down for them lol. I’m normally a proof reader before I post anything but again I was EXCITED!
There is NO EXCUSE! Your grounded for 2 weeks and that means no video games. lol jk. I understand being excited man. To my understanding FOL's come out after you've received your list (which is the next step in the process for you) and have been notified of where your going. I got cleared at the end of Jan, but that's not saying much. There doesn't seem to be too much repetition with the folks who make all the decisions over there. I do know there are a lot of us and your further than you were last week. So...congrats lol.

Whoa man it was just funny no need to apologize lol congrats on the movement

She doesn’t know because she isn’t involved in the placement process. It’s a different office.

Pam did say to me on Monday that it was supposed to be last week but didn’t happen because of the ice storm. Then she said it’s either this or next week. Jut saying what she said lol

So no lists sent out for all of February? I called HR a few days ago and they mentioned the ice storm when the lists were supposed to go out on the 22nd, and then just nothing this whole week.

So no lists sent out for all of February? I called HR a few days ago and they mentioned the ice storm when the lists were supposed to go out on the 22nd, and then just nothing this whole week.

I'm curious if lists are created on a certain date and then they just hold onto them until they have enough candidates that clear medical.
The other possibility being that they haven't made any of them yet and that they have to be inconjunction with a terminal placement update every two weeks.

Could be completely wrong and it could all just be random. Hard to think that though when all the other lists were being sent out every 4 weeks. Then before ours it stopped and we are going into week 6.

I'm really hoping to hear something this week. My lease ends on March 15th and my current landlord only does a one year term.

Only a theory, but it may be because of ncept. I'm not going to do it, but someone might be able to backtest that theory to find correlation. :)

Back
Top Bottom