Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

CIL complete... HR rep said that the next facility list is getting ready for release (which she could give me a firm date). Is there a technique when ordering the facility list that will have a higher success rate of getting the facility you want?

What I was told is it's a first come first serve basis once lists go out. So fill it out and turn it back in quickly. I got my #1 place, but I also had a much smaller group of lists go out when I got mine

Cool.. Originally, I was going to list the facilities based on the priority list.. placing lower priority facility behind my number 1 pick.

I think there is some randomness/how in need facilities are to where you rank them to it as well. I ended up with my 3rd choice and my 2nd didn't get anyone, but then popped up on a list a month later. My first choice got a couple and then was on some lists a month or two later too if I remember correctly.

So I was one of the lucky ones that got N90 only unless I fail at the school. Is there any way they'll just let me choose from a list like everyone else without having to fail first? Can I refuse the FOL for N90 and ask for alternative options? I'd be pretty happy with just about anything but purgatory. :)

So I was one of the lucky ones that got N90 only unless I fail at the school. Is there any way they'll just let me choose from a list like everyone else without having to fail first? Can I refuse the FOL for N90 and ask for alternative options? I'd be pretty happy with just about anything but purgatory. :)
Is it written down that you'll be given another facility if you fail TETRA?

CIL complete... HR rep said that the next facility list is getting ready for release (which she could give me a firm date). Is there a technique when ordering the facility list that will have a higher success rate of getting the facility you want?
When did you hear this? I asked yesterday and was told it would be a few more weeks. I'm also from the April 17 prior bid though.

Soooo, I just spoke with Aviation Careers and they said that the next round of facilities will not come out until the first week of Oct. I guess its time to wait...

Soooo, I just spoke with Aviation Careers and they said that the next round of facilities will not come out until the first week of Oct. I guess its time to wait...

Interesting. Must not want you to bother them anymore! :p. Good to know if that's truly the case. I wonder if that's for the 2018 bid or just all bids in general. Seems like there is never an accurate assumption on when lists are going to drop--meaning every HR contact has something different to say.

Interesting. Must not want you to bother them anymore! :p. Good to know if that's truly the case. I wonder if that's for the 2018 bid or just all bids in general. Seems like there is never an accurate assumption on when lists are going to drop--meaning every HR contact has something different to say.

My HR rep said that it was most likely an estimate but could possibly take that long. She assumes that it'll come out next month sometime, definitely not this month. haha We'll just wait and see.

6/8: TOL
7/5: CIL
7/11: MMPI-2
7/16: Prints and Credit form
7/16: e-QIP

Still waiting on Medical but will call this week. No drug test. Not cleared for security. Just concerned about my flight physical. Got some PTSD, have already requested by compensation file from the VA. Hopefully it arrives before my physical. Fingers crossed to get a list in September. ( I know it's very unlikely, especially with the hoops I will have jump through with my VA rating.) No medications though.

That would make it next fiscal year. Don't think this is accurate. Ato assigns lists not he.

Was told by HR today that all my clearances are good and I am waiting placement. However no placements will be made until October. So it seems I am the second person to be told October......

Was told by HR today that all my clearances are good and I am waiting placement. However no placements will be made until October. So it seems I am the second person to be told October......

I hope that’s just for the 2018 bid. I’m from the April 2017 bid and eager to get a list soon

That might actually be correct. I'm from the April 17 bid and there are still several of us waiting on list. I was told a couple weeks though. So maybe they are trying to finish off that bid first.

That might actually be correct. I'm from the April 17 bid and there are still several of us waiting on list. I was told a couple weeks though. So maybe they are trying to finish off that bid first.
Could be true. It would actually make sense to get the 17 bid complete first. Or it could be they are out of money for additional placements?

Back
Top Bottom