Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

Is everyone on this bid stuck in N90 or just the "lucky" few of us?

Do you mean you have gotten an N90 TOL but not a terminal/enroute TOL for the March Exp bid? A few people also have N90 TOLs because they applied for an N90 bid in addition to the March '18 bid. I do not believe anyone for this hiring bid has been offered an N90 TOL in lieu of a terminal/enroute TOL (yet) like what happened in last years' experience bid. I wouldn't expect that to happen since there was a separate N90 bid in March as well.

Do you mean you have gotten an N90 TOL but not a terminal/enroute TOL for the March Exp bid? A few people also have N90 TOLs because they applied for an N90 bid in addition to the March '18 bid. I do not believe anyone for this hiring bid has been offered an N90 TOL in lieu of a terminal/enroute TOL (yet) like what happened in last years' experience bid. I wouldn't expect that to happen since there was a separate N90 bid in March as well.
Yeah prior experience bid March 2018. Not the N90 only. Got a TOL to N90 with the stipulation that I will be given a new facility if I fail training.

Yeah prior experience bid March 2018. Not the N90 only. Got a TOL to N90 with the stipulation that I will be given a new facility if I fail training.
Couple of questions to help others in the future.

1) How far away do you currently live from N90?

2) Did they do something similar to last year and call and offer you N90 with that stipulation or did they simply just send you a TOL without getting a list?

Couple of questions to help others in the future.

1) How far away do you currently live from N90?

2) Did they do something similar to last year and call and offer you N90 with that stipulation or did they simply just send you a TOL without getting a list?

I was given a TOL that says I'm going to N90 unless I fail training in which I'll be given a new facility. And no... This was not on the N90 bid. I live in Cali so definitely not within 50 miles either haha.

I ACCEPT this tentative offer and agree to the terms set forth.

I understand I am required to complete training in Oklahoma City, OK prior to proceeding to my facility assignment.

I understand if I pass training, I will be assigned to N90 - New York TRACON and if I fail training, I will be assigned to a different facility.

Pulled straight from the TOL

I understand I am required to complete training in Oklahoma City, OK prior to proceeding to my facility assignment.

I understand if I pass training, I will be assigned to N90 - New York TRACON and if I fail training, I will be assigned to a different facility.

Wow... that's a new one... seems like a waste if you go to OKC with no intention of passing.

They started that last bid. They offered it to anyone who had a tol, but issued it to some people after that.

They started that last bid. They offered it to anyone who had a tol, but issued it to some people after that.
Just to make sure I'm reading that right; if you fail at N90 then you are guaranteed a spot somewhere else?

Just to make sure I'm reading that right; if you fail at N90 then you are guaranteed a spot somewhere else?
He specifically is because he's a prior experience new hire and ordinarily would be given a list of facilities to choose from and bypass the academy.

Yeah that's the only plus. However, I'm not sure if that guarantee carries through to facility training or not.

Yeah that's the only plus. However, I'm not sure if that guarantee carries through to facility training or not.
The agency will not fire you if you wash from N90. In the past 5 years, they have retained 100% of prior experience failures. For reference, each was given a 7 or below facility. However, albeit an incredible small sample size, the 1 prior experience person that failed TETRA bound for N90 was given Level 9 PBI. Let your conscience be your guide.

If you can't even pass tetra to even get a chance for a 10+, why would they think you should start a level 9?

So from my understanding TETRA is only for N90 bound candidates. What If someone on an experience bid gets a level 11? Will they have to go to TETRA?

Interesting that you got this living in California.... has to be tied to your prior experience and you just happened to be one of some selected for this offer I am assuming. Yes there is good money at N90 but look at that location and the cost of living... :\. If you are a bachelor I guess it won't be bad. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom