Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

I really appreciate the help guys. Just trying to wrap my head around it. RTF is radar training facility? If I checked out at the tower then am I required to get radar as well or are their options like hardship etc to get to a tower only if a spot opens up soon after?

Normally up-downs require all CPC's to be fully cert in the tower and TRACON. Facilities that have both the tower and TRACON in the same building, but are not considered up-downs (i.e., SLC, CLT, etc.), do not as they are considered separate. There are many facilities that are classified as "Tower w/Radar" or "Tower without Radar" that you can go to. Not sure if I answered your question.

Normally up-downs require all CPC's to be fully cert in the tower and TRACON. Facilities that have both the tower and TRACON in the same building, but are not considered up-downs (i.e., SLC, CLT, etc.), do not as they are considered separate. There are many facilities that are classified as "Tower w/Radar" or "Tower without Radar" that you can go to. Not sure if I answered your question.

No I totally understand what you mean. I was just curious if I had to be fully qualified in tower and radar at a “tower with radar” before I could bid out but I believe that answer is yes. Thank you guys again.

No I totally understand what you mean. I was just curious if I had to be fully qualified in tower and radar at a “tower with radar” before I could bid out but I believe that answer is yes. Thank you guys again.

"Tower with Radar" just means its a standalone tower with a radar display that controllers can use to the extent of facility directives/LOAs. You can go to a Tower with Radar facility with absolutely no radar experience -- you can do the same with an up-down. The type and extent of training will be different though.

I would, at the very least, attempt to contact them as soon as practical via a numbers station or carrier pigeon.
I sent a man on horseback last Thursday and he hasn't returned with a conformation of received documents. Although he didn't say he was going to FAA HR, he said he was going to "take his horse to the old town road" whatever that means

How soon after prints/eqip did you guys meet with investigators? Things have been moving real slow with all of my documents

How soon after prints/eqip did you guys meet with investigators? Things have been moving real slow with all of my documents
Not everyone meets with investigators, you’ll prob be working in the FAA by the time you have to meet with a investigator if needed.

So I finished everything, when should I call HR and ask if they’ve received everything and if everything went through alright?
I called last week and she let me know they received my security clearance and are just waiting on my medical/MMPI/drug test.

I called last week and she let me know they received my security clearance and are just waiting on my medical/MMPI/drug test.
When did you finish all your tasks? Because it hasn’t been long since I finished so maybe I should wait.

Called today and was told another batch of CIL's will be coming this week. Got my TOL March 8th and confirmation March 11th.

Called today and was told another batch of CIL's will be coming this week. Got my TOL March 8th and confirmation March 11th.
You haven't received your CIL still? What seems the longest process is the medical clearance. My HR rep said today that she already received my conditional security clearance and drug test, just waiting for medical/MMPI at this point.

Last edited:
I did my flight physical yesterday and drug test this morning so I’m done with my CIL and let my HR POC know I’ve completed all the tasks. Hopefully I get word back soon that everything is good to go! I guess I’m playing the waiting game with everyone else.

You haven't received your CIL still? What seems the longest process is the medical clearance. My HR rep said today that she already received my conditional security clearance and drug test, just waiting for medical/MMPI at this point.

Yup, didn't even know they were sent out until a bud told me. They did say they saw my paperwork yesterday and it'll be pushed out this week. Currently deployed anyway but I'd like to be able to at least schedule my medical so I'm not waiting too long when I get stateside.

Am I a dumbass for putting an LOR on my eqip form?
Dang I just laughed pretty good. It’s funny how this application process makes people over analyze and about go crazy. I wouldn’t say you are “dumb” for it but it’s def not necessary

Back
Top Bottom