Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

I honestly can't tell you how many times I've gone through and looked at my preferred facilities on here, checked staffing, pay levels, traffic by comparison, etc. I mean repeatedly. I have to continuously remind myself that you can sit here and speculate all day while you're bored but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, you get what you get.

Everyone I know got their #1 facility choice but I've also seen where people are getting their 8th, 10th, 16th choice.
Ehhhh it keeps me busy. Lol. Hope and dream. Just want a foot in the door

Ehhhh it keeps me busy. Lol. Hope and dream. Just want a foot in the door
I also have to keep reminding myself that I could also get the 8 or 9 facility on my list too. If my list looked like the last one posted, might as well say fuck it and head down to St. Thomas for a few years ? all about perspective.

I'm sorry...
I was in and out lol there for maybe 4 months before heading to HWO. It was a good transition from military world but god damn it was a drag. We do twice as much traffic in an hour at HWO than I did in a day at IDA. Also, same accessibility to Jackson with a fraction of the cost ?

View attachment 2313
I don’t wanna post his name and stuff so here’s just the list.
I was messing with the PPT and when I sorted smallest to largest in the "Projected % to Target Calculation" and keeping levels 4-7 it had almost everyone of these facilities. Just an interesting observation from my boredom..

How does everyone else sort the PPT by?

I was messing with the PPT and when I sorted smallest to largest in the "Projected % to Target Calculation" and keeping levels 4-7 it had almost everyone of these facilities. Just an interesting observation from my boredom..

What is PPT and “projected % and target calculation” ? You really scienced tf out this huh?

What is PPT and “projected % and target calculation” ? You really scienced tf out this huh?
The PPT is the Priority Placement Tool and it’s downloadable from this site. And it’s not really science, just sorting the spreadsheet in different categories.

because that's how the placement lists are determined (almost)

because that's how the placement lists are determined (almost)
Yeah makes sense. I was sorting by the current manning numbers before and it had some facilities on the most recent list given out, but the projected numbers pretty much matched up.

So I finished everything, when should I call HR and ask if they’ve received everything and if everything went through alright?

If you only put tower experience ( 5 CTOs from military and contract tower), will they still offer up downs or just tower only facilities?
Should see both up/downs and tower only. I only had 2 CTOs (1 military, 1 contract tower) and I was offered both, mostly up/downs

So basically I should expect to prob go to an up down and end up at the academy if I don’t have a lot of radar experience? And if I end up at the academy would I have to go through the whole school? I haven’t researched the school much because I thought I might get tower only. Sorry so many questions

So basically I should expect to prob go to an up down and end up at the academy if I don’t have a lot of radar experience? And if I end up at the academy would I have to go through the whole school? I haven’t researched the school much because I thought I might get tower only. Sorry so many questions
If you get an up/down, you’d only have to go to the academy for RTF. You’d go to your facility and get checked out on tower first tho.

I really appreciate the help guys. Just trying to wrap my head around it. RTF is radar training facility? If I checked out at the tower then am I required to get radar as well or are their options like hardship etc to get to a tower only if a spot opens up soon after?

Back
Top Bottom