Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

FWIW, I applied to the prior experience bid that happened in March 2018 and didn’t separate until November 2018 and never got a TOL. But I have heard of others getting TOLs more than 120 days out. Guess i didn’t get lucky..
Hmm... I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

Inside source tells me that if we don’t get any word by the 12th we’re screwed. Mine still hasn’t changed says received.

Inside source tells me that if we don’t get any word by the 12th we’re screwed. Mine still hasn’t changed says received.
I think your source might be wrong. I know the OTS bid thread has folks saying they are turning in forms so they can get a CIL by the 12th. So anyone leftover from that OTS bid who hasn’t heard anything are out of luck.

Besides, it doesn’t make any sense for the bid that ended mid-December to end this soon. Especially considering previous bid timelines, that there hasn’t been ANY talk on SM or here of someone getting a TOL from this bid, and the HR furloughs making it improbable that they processed all the applicants.

What dyou mean by “word”?

Your usajobs status and aviator site status still says received?
Any word meaning like a update saying you’re referred or not and yes mine still says “received” then on the USA jobs it still says a referral list was issued and yours was among those being reviewed.

I think your source might be wrong. I know the OTS bid thread has folks saying they are turning in forms so they can get a CIL by the 12th. So anyone leftover from that OTS bid who hasn’t heard anything are out of luck.

Besides, it doesn’t make any sense for the bid that ended mid-December to end this soon. Especially considering previous bid timelines, that there hasn’t been ANY talk on SM or here of someone getting a TOL from this bid, and the HR furloughs making it improbable that they processed all the applicants.
I don’t know man I’m just relaying the information I get.

I’m never getting hired by the FAA
Join the club

That’s why I’m leaning towards the guard to keep healthcare and future employment opportunities.

I expect we start hearing something once government is confirmed not to shut down again on the 15th. Just my guess

squawkIFR keep at it, you’ll eventually get in. I’ve been trying to get in since 2011 and finally got in on the 2018 bid. Just keep trying until you exhaust the process. Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to work a contract tower in the meantime

Anyone here anything? If we’ll hear anything this’ll probably be the week we’ll hear it since the government will most likely be shutting down again.

So with the government having been shutdown for weeks, I'm sure there is some catching up to do. With that being said. I'm on the referral list. Any idea how long should I expect before I get any indication of moving on with the hiring process. Took a bit of a leap of faith separating from the military. Wondering if I should be lining up something temporary until then. A bit hesitant about using my GI bill for school as I dont want to have drop classes if/when I have to move.

So with the government having been shutdown for weeks, I'm sure there is some catching up to do. With that being said. I'm on the referral list. Any idea how long should I expect before I get any indication of moving on with the hiring process. Took a bit of a leap of faith separating from the military. Wondering if I should be lining up something temporary until then. A bit hesitant about using my GI bill for school as I dont want to have drop classes if/when I have to move.
Just get something lined up, apply for unemployment in the meantime, and continue life. It’s what I have been doing and I don’t expect to hear anything back until mid-March based off of the last prior experience timeline.

Judging from timelines of previous bids and what people were saying...

example:

3/20- Applied
4/18- Referred
6/8- TOL received
6/12- TOL confirmation
6/29- CIL
6/29- E-QIP
7/13- MMPI-2
7/20- Medical
7/23- Drug Test
8/9- 100% Cleared
9/12- List received
9/18- Facility Assignment
9/20- FOL Received
10/28- Start date (KMSN)

I would say April.

There’s no way to know when you’ll actually start, some people are lucky and breeze right through the process. I’m from the April 2017 bid and I’m still waiting on a facility list. Don’t hold your breath.

If you have military experience, you can always try for employment with RVA, Midwest, or Serco until the FAA picks you up. The majority of their employees are in the same boat as you.

If you have military experience, you can always try for employment with RVA, Midwest, or Serco until the FAA picks you up. The majority of their employees are in the same boat as you.
Unless you're radar only. Like me. well you can go work over seas with a radar rating but thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom