Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

On the Medical portion of the CIL I was a little confused about something and hoping someone can help me clarify this bit. Do we need to electronically send the Medical Pre-Employment Worksheet first and receive their email with MedXpress and then make the appointment with the AME, or the other way around? I tried to book an appointment with the local AME and they said to make sure I have everything I need first before booking.

You are on it, good on you. When you scheduled your medical did they ask you for additional documentation that you need to bring in, or just the standard form? That is the last thing I need to schedule an appointment for. I haven't completed the worksheet form which I plan on doing tonight.

They just told me to bring the documentation I had been provided, so hopefully that's all they need. If they need more, it's right around the corner from my house so I can get there quickly.

What are the eligibility requirements for All Source (OTS) Bid?
  • Applicants must qualify based on one or several methods (experience, work history, education - check the specific bid for qualifiers.)
    what does this part mean? Does everyone qualify for this?

I'm bored at work so I'll bite. I don't remember the specifics but you needs at least 2 (maybe 3?) years of work history OR approx 50-something college credits. I don't remember the specifics, but the gist is that anyone with work experience or time in college can apply. You don't need to have any experience in aviation at all.

Edit: From the original post of this thread:
  • TO QUALIFY BASED ON PROGRESSIVELY RESPONSIBLE WORK EXPERIENCE: applicants must document 3 years of full time (40 hours per week) progressively responsible experience. Most types of paid or unpaid employment will provide progressively responsible experience as the individual doing the work learns about the organization, gains knowledge about the work, and demonstrates responsibility. OR
  • TO QUALIFY BASED UPON EDUCATION: applicants must document a full 4-year course of study leading to a Bachelor's degree. Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. If qualifying based on education, applicants must submit a copy of the transcript which includes the name of the institution, quarter or semester hours earned and/or confer date. (CTI to be eligible for Pool 1, the transcript must reflect the confer date) OR
  • TO QUALIFY BASED UPON THE COMBINATION OF BOTH WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: The applicant's total qualifying experience is converted to a percentage of the experience required then the applicant's education is converted to a percentage of the education required. The combined percentages must equal 100%. At the undergraduate level, successfully completed education that has not led to possession of a degree is credited based on its relationship to 120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours. For example, 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours is comparable to 1 year of undergraduate education. For study at a business or technical school, 36 weeks of study (20+ classroom hours per week) is comparable to 1 academic year above high school. OR

I apologize, excitement getting the best of me lol.
The OTS bids are usually in the summer I believe (mine was June 2019). You apply on USAJobs. I qualified because I had an Associates degree (so 2 years of school) and about a year and a half of work experience (so I had the "at least 3 years combined of school and work experience. So I was considered pool 2). Then I waited about 2-3 months to get an email saying that I could schedule to take the ATSA then I took it about 2 weeks later. Then I waited a month to get test results via USAJobs saying that I was referred and passed the test in the Best Qualified pool 2 category. Then about 2 weeks later I received my TOL and am now waiting to receive the next email for the next step. ? This has all taken a little over 5 months now I hope this helps you and I wish you the best!

When should I contact the HR rep about wanting to not start training until after May because I graduate college? Called HR a few weeks ago and they told me to wait a while but not sure when I should call back.

When should I contact the HR rep about wanting to not start training until after May because I graduate college? Called HR a few weeks ago and they told me to wait a while but not sure when I should call back.
I'd wait until you're well on your way to finishing all clearances, or even wait until they give you a class date to try and change it. Heck, you might not even get a class date until well after May anyway. No point in bugging HR until you know more.

Question about the Pre-employment interview worksheet. How far back do I need to go for medications and such? I've been prescribed antibiotics a bunch from when I was a kid but couldn't even begin to know how to track all of that down. Also "medical conditions." I had a heart murmur but everything came back normal. So I'm not sure if that is pertinent info or not?

You should wait a while to call back.
Well I got that part.
I'd wait until you're well on your way to finishing all clearances, or even wait until they give you a class date to try and change it. Heck, you might not even get a class date until well after May anyway. No point in bugging HR until you know more.

Thanks. Only asking because I wasn't sure if it was too late after getting a class date or something. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Question about the Pre-employment interview worksheet. How far back do I need to go for medications and such? I've been prescribed antibiotics a bunch from when I was a kid but couldn't even begin to know how to track all of that down. Also "medical conditions." I had a heart murmur but everything came back normal. So I'm not sure if that is pertinent info or not?
I think they probably only want to know about prescriptions/meds related to the medical conditions in the field before it. That's how I interpreted it at least

I think they probably only want to know about prescriptions/meds related to the medical conditions in the field before it. That's how I interpreted it at least

Along that line of thinking, would it be odd to list a prescription if we haven’t listed a medical condition? I have been trying to round up any prescriptions I have had over my life which is an impossible task really, but I do know for sure I got some prescription eye drops a few years ago when I had LASIK, but of course I didn’t list LASIK as a medical condition since it isn’t one.

Along that line of thinking, would it be odd to list a prescription if we haven’t listed a medical condition? I have been trying to round up any prescriptions I have had over my life which is an impossible task really, but I do know for sure I got some prescription eye drops a few years ago when I had LASIK, but of course I didn’t list LASIK as a medical condition since it isn’t one.
Right, that's how I'm thinking about it. I've also had countless, random one-off prescriptions like that for insignicant things like sinus infections etc.

I'm going to assume that having an prescription acne ointment isn't going to eliminate me. Do I need to schedule a medical exam before turning in the form asking for all the prescription medicines?

I wouldn't wait until you get a class date. I'm not in the exact same situation as you since I'm not graduating in May but I am taking classes next semester. I'm going to call a day or two before the last day to drop without having to pay any tuition. If you wait until you get a class date and they happen to not be approving deferments, it's happened, then you're going to have to choose between graduating and going through another bid, or taking the class date and having to drop out while still paying a semester's worth of tuition. I don't know about you but I can't afford to donate 7+ grand.

I wouldn't wait until you get a class date. I'm not in the exact same situation as you since I'm not graduating in May but I am taking classes next semester. I'm going to call a day or two before the last day to drop without having to pay any tuition. If you wait until you get a class date and they happen to not be approving deferments, it's happened, then you're going to have to choose between graduating and going through another bid, or taking the class date and having to drop out while still paying a semester's worth of tuition. I don't know about you but I can't afford to donate 7+ grand.
Yeah. I'll probably call Friday or Monday. From what I hear though they're pretty good with deferring a few months. If I call before you I'll let you know what they say about deferments. I'm trying to take a while with getting my CIL appointments done as well to put any non-deferred date closer to May.

Try searching around on this site, I definitely remember some posts about people getting their start dates pushed back. Fairly certain they just asked when they were offered their start date but I could be wrong.

Try searching around on this site, I definitely remember some posts about people getting their start dates pushed back. Fairly certain they just asked when they were offered their start date but I could be wrong.
You are right, they do approve deferments most of the time but I have also seen multiple people say they didn't approve their deferment, it all depends on what the FAA needs at the time.

Back
Top Bottom