Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

If you meet the minimum requirements the FAA wants for their application you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your exam
Ok thank you, I'm checking email and junk folder daily. I'm pretty positive I never received an email on the first 2 bids but I also wasn't looking for one.

Ok thank you, I'm checking email and junk folder daily. I'm pretty positive I never received an email on the first 2 bids but I also wasn't looking for one.
I would recommend to you as well to "watch" this thread and have the emails sent to you because once emails from the FAA start going out, you will hear it here first from those who have received theirs.

FWIW, FSS bid test dates were sent out a month and a half after the bid closed in May so for this bid we only have -2 weeks left.

I would recommend to you as well to "watch" this thread and have the emails sent to you because once emails from the FAA start going out, you will hear it here first from those who have received theirs.
Yeah for sure, I've been checking back here daily as well. I'm 26, feels like I'm running out of time for this and I really want it. Hopefully it works out this time. Thanks for the help guys

ATSA Emails will probably go out on or around 2nd week of September.

Are you sure your status changed to not referred? If that’s the case you might not have qualified to even take the ATSA. How did you qualify? Work Exp/bachelors?

Are you sure your status changed to not referred? If that’s the case you might not have qualified to even take the ATSA. How did you qualify? Work Exp/bachelors?
I'm positive it changed to not referred, I can still see it. I must not be qualifying, I have no relative work experience and only some college, no degree. It's open to the public I didn't think I needed any of that to be considered.

I'm positive it changed to not referred, I can still see it. I must not be qualifying, I have no relative work experience and only some college, no degree. It's open to the public I didn't think I needed any of that to be considered.
If you look at the job posting on USAjobs and read the requirements you’ll see what you need to qualify. Sounds like you don’t qualify.

If you look at the job posting on USAjobs and read the requirements you’ll see what you need to qualify. Sounds like you don’t qualify.
Yeah that definitely could be it then. I have a buddy who's a supervisor at LFT, he said it should be completely open to the public. It's too late for me to go to school for it

Yeah that definitely could be it then. I have a buddy who's a supervisor at LFT, he said it should be completely open to the public. It's too late for me to go to school for it
Honestly, if this was COMPLETELY open to the public (I just graduated out of HS public) then there would be so many applicants for HR to sift through. They have have to draw the line somewhere.

I think you're misreading the qualifications or misunderstanding the responses here (in fairness, no one has exactly spelled it out for you). You don't need related work experience. You need either ANY work experience that adds up to 3 years worth of work (so 3 years at 40 hrs a week) OR college credits that would add up to a bachelor's degree equivalent (so 120 credits) OR some combination of the two. So as long as you have enough work experience and college credits to add up to the requirements, you should qualify.

I don't mean to presume, but if you're 26 I'm guessing you should have some work experience, and like you said you have some college credits. Maybe you're not there yet but you should be close.

I would get used to reading things thoroughly if you “really want” this job. The job bid lays out the qualifications black and white.

Yeah for sure, I've been checking back here daily as well. I'm 26, feels like I'm running out of time for this and I really want it. Hopefully it works out this time. Thanks for the help guys

Also, you’re only 26. Go work a full time job for 3 years and you still have a shot. Why toss in the towel befor you even get the opportunity? It’ll get a lot tougher than just applying to survive or even thrive in this career....

Back
Top Bottom