Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Let me use this as a example as it seems it’s confusing to some. The Bid comes out 1/1/2020. 1/1/2020 I’m 30 years old and I turn 31 on 1/2/2020 and I apply on 1/1/2020 then I’m eligible. I’m in 31 on 1/1/2020 I’m not eligible. Make sense?
This is incorrect. What Stevo62 said is correct. For the past few years everything has been based off of your age when the bid closes. If the hid comes out on 1/1/2020 and closes on 1/8/2020 and you turn 31 on 1/2/2020 you are no longer eligible no matter when you apply because when the bid closes you are over the age limit.

I want to share my story and would like to know the odds of getting picked to test. I am 20 years old currently in 2nd year of college. Following the same path my father did which was a bachelor degree in aeronautical science. (Pliot degree) he graduated out of embry riddle and got picked up by the FAA he worked 28 years in flight service and loved his job. I qualify by having work experience and college combined. The work experience i would most definitely consider responsible. I work part time in a pharmacy as a tech and aid the pharmacist dispensing medication and help patients with numerous problems. I do plan on getting my degree even if i get picked up.

I want to share my story and would like to know the odds of getting picked to test. I am 20 years old currently in 2nd year of college. Following the same path my father did which was a bachelor degree in aeronautical science. (Pliot degree) he graduated out of embry riddle and got picked up by the FAA he worked 28 years in flight service and loved his job. I qualify by having work experience and college combined. The work experience i would most definitely consider responsible. I work part time in a pharmacy as a tech and aid the pharmacist dispensing medication and help patients with numerous problems. I do plan on getting my degree even if i get picked up.

The kindest answer you’ll get on here is there is no numerical value that anybody from here can put on your odds. If it doesn’t work out this time, keep trying. You’ve got plenty of time.

I know people who've gotten hired who were servers at restaurants, so I'm sure your work is fine. Make sure you are using the usajobs resume builder and fill it out completely. Other than that it's just luck of the draw for the most part.
I cleaned up dog shit for one year, JetBlue one year and had almost my associates degree finished when they referred my application last bid. I don’t think they care as long as you put 3 years in somewhere, associates degree, or a little of both.

Makes you want to jump off a bridge for the second time lol.

Whats up with aviator going down on the 29th for an hour? Anything to do with us?
It’s all relative. I have a good job so it’s not too big of a bummer for me at least.

Yes, this job would be a step up from my current job, and a big life change which I think I need, but I also understand that processes are in place and I can’t control how/who they pick so....

I get to go round this merry go round for at least another 2 or 3 years if I want to, turning 28 next month.

As far as aviator, IIRC it just goes down for updates a few times a year. 99.9% it’s nothing to do with anything job related.

Back
Top Bottom