Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Uhh yeah I read the entire job description, I did my research. There isn't much in the details about the process. I have over 7 years in the oilfield, not much college. So yes, based on what it says in the job description I should be qualified enough to go through to the next step. Someone mentioned it MIGHT be relative work experience needed, no one ever said that's what it is for sure. No need to be a d*** about it when someone is looking for answers. Thanks to those who are trying to help

Also, you’re only 26. Go work a full time job for 3 years and you still have a shot. Why toss in the towel befor you even get the opportunity? It’ll get a lot tougher than just applying to survive or even thrive in this career....
I meant I'm running out of time if I were to quit my job and go to 2 years of CTI and go that route. Almost 27, plus 2 years school, and 1 year academy would be cutting it close to be hired on by 31 years old.

Uhh yeah I read the entire job description, I did my research. There isn't much in the details about the process. I have over 7 years in the oilfield, not much college. So yes, based on what it says in the job description I should be qualified enough to go through to the next step. Someone mentioned it MIGHT be relative work experience needed, no one ever said that's what it is for sure. No need to be a d*** about it when someone is looking for answers. Thanks to those who are trying to help
7 years of work may not mean anything to who ever is looking at your application. They’re looking for progressive work experience. So if you’ve been working in the oil fields for 7 years in the same position and your status changed to not referred, that may be the reason. I don’t know your situation whether if you do or don’t have progressive work experience. But if you’re turning 27, then consider working and going to CTI school so you could get the recommendation. Or take the chance to apply each and every year. You could apply up until turning 31.

7 years of work may not mean anything to who ever is looking at your application. They’re looking for progressive work experience. So if you’ve been working in the oil fields for 7 years in the same position and your status changed to not referred, that may be the reason. I don’t know your situation whether if you do or don’t have progressive work experience. But if you’re turning 27, then consider working and going to CTI school so you could get the recommendation. Or take the chance to apply each and every year. You could apply up until turning 31.
Yeah I mean I'm not positive on what they're looking for. That's kinda what I wanted to find out when I called the number but she didn't tell me much. I'll just sit back and wait for now. I have twins on the way I don't think I'll be able to handle work and school with them lol

Yeah I mean I'm not positive on what they're looking for. That's kinda what I wanted to find out when I called the number but she didn't tell me much. I'll just sit back and wait for now. I have twins on the way I don't think I'll be able to handle work and school with them lol
I know people who've gotten hired who were servers at restaurants, so I'm sure your work is fine. Make sure you are using the usajobs resume builder and fill it out completely. Other than that it's just luck of the draw for the most part.

I know people who've gotten hired who were servers at restaurants, so I'm sure your work is fine. Make sure you are using the usajobs resume builder and fill it out completely. Other than that it's just luck of the draw for the most part.
Seems like it's mostly luck of the draw. Thanks bud

I meant I'm running out of time if I were to quit my job and go to 2 years of CTI and go that route. Almost 27, plus 2 years school, and 1 year academy would be cutting it close to be hired on by 31 years old.

I gotcha, makes sense now.

But for the record, you can be 30, apply, and the bid close that night then you turn 31 the next day and you’d be golden cause you have to be younger than 31 when the bid CLOSES not when you get “hired”

Keep applying and keep trying, you never know what might happen!

But for the record, you can be 30, apply, and the bid close that night then you turn 31 the next day and you’d be golden cause you have to be younger than 31 when the bid CLOSES not when you get “hired”

You can be 31 and apply. Just can’t hit 32.

Gotcha, I read that you needed to be hired on by 31, so that helps a little. Appreciate the help!

You can be 31 and apply. Just can’t hit 32.

I stand corrected by 1 year. But the concept is the same. Be in by the time the bid closes and it’s all good.

Plus by the time you make it to the academy you’ve already been hired. It counts towards good time and so on and so forth.

I could be wrong... but for the last 5 years I’ve been applying, it’s been TOL before your 31st birthday

Last edited:
You MUST be under 31 when you apply, I'm not sure where the 32 rumor keeps coming from.

This is my last shot. Trust me, I've verified this info 60 times.

• Age Requirements:
    A maximum age of 30 years is established for initial entry into air traffic control positions covered by Public Law 92-297. Persons who have reached their 31st birthday may not be originally appointed to these positions. If experience was gained as a civilian ATCS with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or Department of Defense (DOD), you must have been hired prior to age 31. Please see the Required Documentssection of this announcement for further information on specific documentation that MUST be provided if you were previously hired by the FAA or DOD prior to the maximum entry age for this position.

• Age Requirements:
    A maximum age of 30 years is established for initial entry into air traffic control positions covered by Public Law 92-297. Persons who have reached their 31st birthday may not be originally appointed to these positions. If experience was gained as a civilian ATCS with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or Department of Defense (DOD), you must have been hired prior to age 31. Please see the Required Documentssection of this announcement for further information on specific documentation that MUST be provided if you were previously hired by the FAA or DOD prior to the maximum entry age for this position.
so is the "must be 31 by the close of the application period" not true?

Based on the wording of the age requirements that's not stated. Unless the "initial entry" is including the bid application period.

Let me use this as a example as it seems it’s confusing to some. The Bid comes out 1/1/2020. 1/1/2020 I’m 30 years old and I turn 31 on 1/2/2020 and I apply on 1/1/2020 then I’m eligible. I’m in 31 on 1/1/2020 I’m not eligible. Make sense?

Let me use this as a example as it seems it’s confusing to some. The Bid comes out 1/1/2020. 1/1/2020 I’m 30 years old and I turn 31 on 1/2/2020 and I apply on 1/1/2020 then I’m eligible. I’m in 31 on 1/1/2020 I’m not eligible. Make sense?
I understand what that means, as I am sure most do. But nowhere, that I've seen, does it state must have applied before your 31st birthday. What boots posted, which is straight from the usajobs hiring announcement, says "appointed". I was 29 when I originally applied, got tier 2 and have since turned 31. I received my FOL 5 months past my 31st birthday, but nobody (HR) has said anything to me about to my age. I'm not saying shit and will show up to the academy, because I assume they would have stopped my hiring process if I were too old. If they didn't, then that's there mistake.

My whole point, though, is I haven't seen it written anywhere about applying before your 31st birthday.

I understand what that means, as I am sure most do. But nowhere, that I've seen, does it state must have applied before your 31st birthday. What boots posted, which is straight from the usajobs hiring announcement, says "appointed". I was 29 when I originally applied, got tier 2 and have since turned 31. I received my FOL 5 months past my 31st birthday, but nobody (HR) has said anything to me about to my age. I'm not saying shit and will show up to the academy, because I assume they would have stopped my hiring process if I were too old. If they didn't, then that's there mistake.

My whole point, though, is I haven't seen it written anywhere about applying before your 31st birthday.
We’ve got a 32 year old in my class so you just have to have applied before 31.

I get you

Has something to do with the 20 to 25 years of service. And or this study they did a while ago to cap the age of hire. Nothing that’s explained in a job posting m.

Just a further clarification and hope this makes it very clear. You cannot turn 31 prior to the bid closing. It is not the date you apply but the date the bid closes plain and simple !!!

Back
Top Bottom