Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Does anyone know how the placement into Enroute or Terminal is decided?

For the lazy ones:

3.2: Within 3 business days of accepting the tentative selectee list, ATO Management Services, Technical Requirements and Forecasting, Air Traffic Team (AJG-R41) will make track assignments for all candidates. The first candidate on the list will be assigned to Terminal Tower, the second candidate will be assigned to Terminal RADAR and the third candidate will be assigned to En Route. This alternating order will continue through the list until all vacancies for a track are filled. Then the assignments will continue to alternate using the remaining tracks. If at some point there are only vacancies remaining in one track, all remaining selectees on the list will be assigned to that track. 3.2: Within 3 business days of accepting the tentative selectee list, ATO Management Services, Technical Requirements and Forecasting, Air Traffic Team (AJG-R41) will make track assignments for all candidates. The first candidate on the list will be assigned to Terminal Tower, the second candidate will be assigned to Terminal RADAR and the third candidate will be assigned to En Route. This alternating order will continue through the list until all vacancies for a track are filled. Then the assignments will continue to alternate using the remaining tracks. If at some point there are only vacancies remaining in one track, all remaining selectees on the list will be assigned to that track.

Had no idea that's how it was processed, pretty interesting.

I think I read in the 2018 OTS bid that one candidate had an opportunity to request a change from tower/enroute to the other. Does anyone remember?

I think I read in the 2018 OTS bid that one candidate had an opportunity to request a change from tower/enroute to the other. Does anyone remember?
It comes down to your HR person. My brother was denied a change from terminal and then decided to decline his offer, but other people have been offered the chance. Really passed me off how arbitrary it is, but get used to it. That’s the FAA!

It comes down to your HR person. My brother was denied a change from terminal and then decided to decline his offer, but other people have been offered the chance. Really passed me off how arbitrary it is, but get used to it. That’s the FAA!
what would be the time to ask? after submitting all the CIL or immediately after the FOL email?

For the lazy ones:

3.2: Within 3 business days of accepting the tentative selectee list, ATO Management Services, Technical Requirements and Forecasting, Air Traffic Team (AJG-R41) will make track assignments for all candidates. The first candidate on the list will be assigned to Terminal Tower, the second candidate will be assigned to Terminal RADAR and the third candidate will be assigned to En Route. This alternating order will continue through the list until all vacancies for a track are filled. Then the assignments will continue to alternate using the remaining tracks. If at some point there are only vacancies remaining in one track, all remaining selectees on the list will be assigned to that track. 3.2: Within 3 business days of accepting the tentative selectee list, ATO Management Services, Technical Requirements and Forecasting, Air Traffic Team (AJG-R41) will make track assignments for all candidates. The first candidate on the list will be assigned to Terminal Tower, the second candidate will be assigned to Terminal RADAR and the third candidate will be assigned to En Route. This alternating order will continue through the list until all vacancies for a track are filled. Then the assignments will continue to alternate using the remaining tracks. If at some point there are only vacancies remaining in one track, all remaining selectees on the list will be assigned to that track.

Had no idea that's how it was processed, pretty interesting.
Very Interesting! Thanks

I normally don’t post but I had a question. Do I need to schedule my medical exam date before I can return the Pre-employment interview worksheet? The bottom of the sheet asks the date and location of the medical exam so I though so. Only asking because I have had a very hard time having any medical examiners get back to me about scheduling. I’ve left many voicemails and emailed but no luck.

I normally don’t post but I had a question. Do I need to schedule my medical exam date before I can return the Pre-employment interview worksheet? The bottom of the sheet asks the date and location of the medical exam so I though so. Only asking because I have had a very hard time having any medical examiners get back to me about scheduling. I’ve left many voicemails and emailed but no luck.
Yeah, I think it says to schedule it about 10 days away. Put the scheduling info on there and you'll hear back about a week from your physical with the medxpress stuff

I have a quick question for people who have filled out the eQIP info. I went on a trip through Europe for almost two months and moved residences in between. Technically I have a 2 month gap in residential history where I didn't have a physical address. The eQIP doesn't allow you to have gaps. Has anyone ran into this problem? How did you solve it? This is literally the last thing I have to do to submit. I tried finding any info through this thread and couldn't find anything so any help would be awesome.

Last edited:
The eQIP doesn't allow you to have gaps. Has anyone ran into this problem? How did you solve it? This is literally the last thing I have to do to submit. I tried finding any info through this thread and couldn't find anything so any help would be awesome.
Definitely a question for your security POC and not some strangers on the internet.

Definitely a question for your security POC and not some strangers on the internet.
You completed all your requirements on the 8th. Have your heard anything yet such as a class date or for more information?

You completed all your requirements on the 8th. Have your heard anything yet such as a class date or for more information?

I'm not that guy but I see we got similar dates. I just got an e-mail today to my personal and work email from the DCSA that someone is being assigned to complete my interview. I did the last things on Monday the 13th

I'm not that guy but I see we got similar dates. I just got an e-mail today to my personal and work email from the DCSA that someone is being assigned to complete my interview. I did the last things on Monday the 13th
Nice! I don't think it's on my signature but I had my DCSA interview on the 14th.

Back
Top Bottom