Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

So I’m doing all the security stuff and I have a question about the OF306 form and DOT1631 form. I have to sign them and upload them as attachments to the eQIP. How do I do that if it’s not letting me type into where it says sign? What did everyone else do with those documents?

If you have a Mac, you can enter in your signature in Preview (either by signing it on a piece of paper and holding up to the camera, or by drawing on the trackpad) and then insert it into documents like an image. I've found it very useful.

So I’m doing all the security stuff and I have a question about the OF306 form and DOT1631 form. I have to sign them and upload them as attachments to the eQIP. How do I do that if it’s not letting me type into where it says sign? What did everyone else do with those documents?
I had a couple PDF files that would generate duplicate text in the field when I would try to enter info digitally. I just filled out the ones that didn't work by hand and explained the situation in the e-mail when I returned them. I never had a problem doing it that way, just write legibly.

I was surprised to learn that none of the police departments in my area will fingerprint you. I had to go to the local college's security office to get fingerprinted.

So I received a letter from my security POC that states that there are issues that may negatively impact my eligibility for a security clearance. The letter asked for an explanation for each issue listed and there was also a personal misconduct questionnaire for me to fill out. Long story short, I was fired from one job like 5 years ago and then I didn’t disclose that I was fired from that job on my application for the next job I applied for so I ended up being fired from that job after working there for almost two years when they asked me if I was fired from my previous job and I told them that I was. I have since had two different jobs while I’ve been in college and discussed all of my work history with the security investigator that did my in person interview. I have been honest about everything so far so do I need to be worried about not getting my security clearance?

Last edited:
So I received a letter from my security POC that states that there are issues that may negatively impact my eligibility for a security clearance. The letter asked for an explanation for each issue listed and there was also a personal misconduct questionnaire for me to fill out. Long story short, I was fired from one job like 5 years ago and then I didn’t disclose that I was fired from that job on my application for the next job I applied for so I ended up being fired from that job after working there for almost two years when they asked me if I was fired from my previous job and I told them that I was. I have since had two different jobs while I’ve been in college and discussed all of my work history with the security investigator that did my in person interview. I have been honest about everything so far so do I need to be worried about not getting my security clearance?
Well you lied in your past. Whats to say you wont do it again. Thats the credibility issue. Nobody here can tell you what they will determine.

Got an email saying I'm currently medically qualified for ATC duties with the requirement I use corrective lenses. When I took the physical I had my old glasses and my new prescription and proof I bought new glasses. She didn't look at any of my new things but said I was within range. Perfect for distant and 20/30 for near.

Has anyone gotten something similar, and do I have to send anything related to my new ones back?

I was surprised to learn that none of the police departments in my area will fingerprint you. I had to go to the local college's security office to get fingerprinted.
I live in a metropolitan area and most of the police departments did not offer fingerprinting services. I finally found one but they only did it two days a week for like 2 hours each time. Sure enough I went down there and it was packed. Waited almost 2 hours to get it done, that was after having called like 3-4 departments and having them tell me no. I almost asked my security POC if I could just go to a third party service before I found the last place.

I live in a metropolitan area and most of the police departments did not offer fingerprinting services. I finally found one but they only did it two days a week for like 2 hours each time. Sure enough I went down there and it was packed. Waited almost 2 hours to get it done, that was after having called like 3-4 departments and having them tell me no. I almost asked my security POC if I could just go to a third party service before I found the last place.
I went to a third party service and had zero issues. I went to the only PD near me that would do it and they wanted to charge me $40 for it!

(I'm currently at the Academy from this bid)

I went to a third party service and had zero issues. I went to the only PD near me that would do it and they wanted to charge me $40 for it!

(I'm currently at the Academy from this bid)

I paid $50 total for mine, two sets of $25

I paid $50 total for mine, two sets of $25
Wow, maybe it's just me then or how they explained the pricing. They wanted $10 for the printing then $10 for the form because I didn't have my own exact form to fit their machine, per copy. Even though I brought my own copies that I printed per my instructions.

Sounded like a ripoff so I went third party, only paid $20 plus tax.

When you went to your local police department and didn't pay anything. ? Crazy how different municipalities have such different rules!!

I was lucky and able to do my prints at an FAA office with my POC

I got the email for my equip when I was in the parking lot walking to my car

Wow, maybe it's just me then or how they explained the pricing. They wanted $10 for the printing then $10 for the form because I didn't have my own exact form to fit their machine, per copy. Even though I brought my own copies that I printed per my instructions.

Sounded like a ripoff so I went third party, only paid $20 plus tax.
Wow that's expensive! I only paid $10. $5 for each set.
When you went to your local police department and didn't pay anything. ? Crazy how different municipalities have such different rules!!

Mine wasn't my local police department but it was state government - Criminal Justice Department. Only "official" place in my state to get it done, so I had to pay. Not too worried about it though, did it 2 months ago and forgot about it lol

Has anybody else gotten a 5/19/2020 Enroute basics date? Would've expected atleast one other person to have also gotten that date by now but haven't seen anything.

So you were fired from 2 jobs? How did they even find that out, did your old employer said that in their questionnaire?

Back
Top Bottom