Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Not a huge deal/question but I noticed it was emphasized to put month DAY and year for job/work on the resume. However I tried numerous ways to place the day in the work section for when I started/stopped but it only allowed month and year. Did anyone else have this issue?
As long as you completed the USAJOBS resume you should be fine. I did not have any issue last year and they asked for it then

Not a huge deal/question but I noticed it was emphasized to put month DAY and year for job/work on the resume. However I tried numerous ways to place the day in the work section for when I started/stopped but it only allowed month and year. Did anyone else have this issue?

Just in case the rep decides to be very by the letter of the HRPM, which also states month, day and year is required, many of us have placed the dates of employment in the job details box so that the requirement was met.

There's no reason to nitpick instructions. Ya'll are giving me anxiety with how in depth you are reading in between the lines.

I have gotten as far as passing the ATSA for 2 years in a row now, applying for the 3rd time today. I know some of ya'll are anxious about applying and what exactly to put in but as long as you follow the instructions, you're fine and you will get a invitation to take the ATSA.

There are several discrepancies between what USAJOBS requires and what the Federal Aviation Administration require and if they want more info, they will ask.

Last edited:
There's no reason to nitpick instructions. Ya'll are giving me anxiety with how in depth you are reading in between the lines.

I have gotten as far as passing the ATSA for 2 years in a row now, applying for the 3rd time today. I know some of ya'll are anxious about applying and what exactly to put in but as long as you follow the instructions, you're fine and you will get a invitation to take the ATSA.

There are several discrepancies between what USAJOBS requires and what the Federal Aviation Administration require and if they want more info, they will ask.

Having been screwed by nitpicking HR both inside and outside the FAA... I will choose to dot every i and cross every t with their instructions. Some HR reps, not just speaking of hiring HR in OKC but out in the regional offices, can be much more nitpicky than others even within their own offices. So you have to ask yourself, do you want to have the chance of having that nitpicky HR rep with ammo to not give you what you want? Especially if the instructions are fairly simple to comply with..

I wish I had bothered asking what my qualified status was on last year's bid. I'll probably end up taking the ATSA again but it would have been nice to know.
Yeah, I kind of regret not finding out either. But I just assume I didn't score high enough otherwise I would have gotten a TOL. So its probably for the better that I retake the ATSA. At least we have a better understanding of whats on the ATSA now.

In their defense a couple of years ago HR was DQ'ing people for not putting the complete date on the applications.

Yeah I might end up asking at some point. Maybe after I get referred and before I take it again.

My brother took the ATSA on the last public bid and didn't get a TOL. How does he find out if he was "well qualified" after the ATSA? Who does he ask? Has the time passed for him to even be able to ask??

Thanks.

You never find out your scores, even if you retire after 30 years you'll never know what you got other than well enough to get a TOL.

Not referring to my exact score, but what my qualified rating was, which they definitely gave out to multiple people last bid.

My brother took the ATSA on the last public bid and didn't get a TOL. How does he find out if he was "well qualified" after the ATSA? Who does he ask? Has the time passed for him to even be able to ask??

There was a phone number for HR posted in the thread for the last bid, if you use the search function you may be able to find it.

Not referring to my exact score, but what my qualified rating was, which they definitely gave out to multiple people last bid.

There was a phone number for HR posted in the thread for the last bid, if you use the search function you may be able to find it.

Thanks dude.

Thanks.

The number is on the bid, toward the bottom under Point of Contact. It's for Aviation Careers, which is the HR office in charge of the bid.

In their defense a couple of years ago HR was DQ'ing people for not putting the complete date on the applications.

I also know on the prior exp bid of 6 people personally who applied (including me). Of those 6, 5 were not referred. 3 were because of very minor things, information that HR "could've asked for" but didn't. Don't rely on HR to come ask you for "more info". If you don't follow instructions, they may and usually do just mark not referred.

Let's hope more people in pool 1 this year aren't total potatoes. Got hosed the previous round (my first time applying) because of:

In July 2018, the FAA posted an announcement that yielded only 240 well-qualified applicants from the CTI/veteran pool. That was a substantial drop from the 611 applicants that were selected from a similar announcement in FY 2017. Because of the 10 percent balancing requirement between the pools, FAA was only able to select 264 applicants from the general public pool, and FAA was not able to pursue 783 otherwise well-qualified candidates from that pool. If this trend continues, this will have a major impact on the FAA’s ability to hire enough controllers to meet its operational needs.

This is my last year as well. I turn 31 next week. As upset as I was to learn about the low hiring numbers, I'm just glad this bid opened up when it did instead of two weeks from now.

Oh really? Didn't know that. When I got through in 2017 I never knew that.

Haven't been in the game for that long. It may have been a recent development. I discovered this from the previous OTS thread.

Let's hope more people in pool 1 this year aren't total potatoes. Got hosed the previous round (my first time applying) because of:

This is my last year as well. I turn 31 next week. As upset as I was to learn about the low hiring numbers, I'm just glad this bid opened up when it did instead of two weeks from now.
With this information, maybe it does make sense to re-use your ATSA score if you know it's best-qualified and just hope more people in pool 1 qualify this year.

Back
Top Bottom