Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

No right before they gave me the packet for the security clearance they reviewed my app and said I didnt have the minimum 3 years work exp. (I didn’t put my military time on my USAJobs resume) so they told me I had to wait an re-apply

Oh man, that's rough. :(

if your eqip and application dates area a few months off on when you started employment--will they still question you?

There's no reason to nitpick instructions. Ya'll are giving me anxiety with how in depth you are reading in between the lines.

I have gotten as far as passing the ATSA for 2 years in a row now, applying for the 3rd time today. I know some of ya'll are anxious about applying and what exactly to put in but as long as you follow the instructions, you're fine and you will get a invitation to take the ATSA.

There are several discrepancies between what USAJOBS requires and what the Federal Aviation Administration require and if they want more info, they will ask.
Third time is a charm

I thought the ATSA was divided into three different bands? Well Qualified, Qualified, and Fail?

I guess I should have included failing as an tier below qualified. I was previously talking people who passed that wanted to know what tier they scored in.

No there's Best Qualified, where they take their candidates from

Depending on how their hiring numbers go with balancing each pool and their hiring goals for the year, the do dip in the Well Qualified as well as occasionally (however extremely rare) drawing from those in the Qualified band.

Interesting that the bid hasn't closed yet..guess they didn't get the response they thought when they said they might close early?
Last year they closed the next day I think, so they probably were expecting a similar turnout. I'm with you, surprising that they haven't.

Last year they closed the next day I think, so they probably were expecting a similar turnout. I'm with you, surprising that they haven't.
I feel like last yesrs bid was really hyped by that reddit post. A lot of people replied to that thread.

Well they also didn't reach their hiring numbers with the last bid because there weren't enough from Pool 1. I'm hoping they keep it open long enough that they're able to hire more than 500 people this time.

I saw this in previous threads, but I guess it's worth mentioning for the first-timers:

Don't put your life on hold for this job!

As you can see above, it's a long hiring process and there are many steps you must pass to actually get an FOL. Keep living your life and respond to updates as they come along. With that being said, here's to waiting ?; good luck everyone!

I feel like last yesrs bid was really hyped by that reddit post. A lot of people replied to that thread.
That's how I found out! I went to check and he made a new one but it didn't seem as popular as last year's post. Hoping more Pool 1 and less Pool 2 this year.

Last edited:
I’m the guy that posted that Reddit AMA last year. I did another one this year with similar response (front page as well). I’m surprised they didn’t close this bid early.

I’m the guy that posted that Reddit AMA last year. I did another one this year with similar response (front page as well). I’m surprised they didn’t close this bid early.

Weird, I never saw the new one, but there it is! As far as response, the 2018 AMA was a lot better IMO, double the comments and almost 15K more upvoted. Who knows, its still a good way to spread the word about it though!

Weird, I never saw the new one, but there it is! As far as response, the 2018 AMA was a lot better IMO, double the comments and almost 15K more upvoted. Who knows, its still a good way to spread the word about it though!
Yeah the 2018 one definitely had more upvotes, and had over a million views (this was when Reddit still told you the amount of views your post got). But my inbox filled up with almost the same amount of PMs, so I assumed there would be a similar amount of applicants.

I’ve heard back from at least a dozen people who are currently at the academy who applied from the 2018 AMA.

In July 2018, the FAA posted an announcement that yielded only 240 well-qualified applicants from the CTI/veteran pool. That was a substantial drop from the 611 applicants that were selected from a similar announcement in FY 2017. Because of the 10 percent balancing requirement between the pools, FAA was only able to select 264 applicants from the general public pool, and FAA was not able to pursue 783 otherwise well-qualified candidates from that pool. If this trend continues, this will have a major impact on the FAA’s ability to hire enough controllers to meet its operational needs.

If that's the case, if you are well-qualified and in Pool 2, should you not test again for a hope of a better outcome in Pool 1? I was well-qualified without any help of material such as ATCPrep but I wonder if I will have a better outcome if I test again this year with usage of the ATCPrep. Seems like what they are saying is that they took all the best-qualified if they had to dip into well-qualified for 264 applicants in pool 2.

If that's the case, if you are well-qualified and in Pool 2, should you not test again for a hope of a better outcome in Pool 1? I was well-qualified without any help of material such as ATCPrep but I wonder if I will have a better outcome if I test again this year with usage of the ATCPrep. Seems like what they are saying is that they took all the best-qualified if they had to dip into well-qualified for 264 applicants in pool 2.
In the report, "well-qualified" means both best and well qualified. It might even mean regular qualified. Many people who got "best qualified" (myself included) did not receive a TOL for last years bid. If you called HR and found out which section and it was not "best-qualified" you should retake the test absolutely. Nobody knows how the Pools will do and you want the best chance possible.

Back
Top Bottom