Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Listen guys, you're overthinking things. For the last bid it opened up on a Friday and closed on a Saturday. I only found out about the bid/application at 11P.M. on Saturday night, application closed 11:59P.M. on Saturday, I only had an hour to submit everything, didn't use the resume builder and just uploaded my own resume since I didn't have time to do anything else. Received my FOL last month.

Just make sure you have the required experience, list it out in your resume or attach your transcript depending on how you're applying. Do not lie on your resume or application, they will find out, you'll be applying for security clearance and they will investigate your application.

Hey all! Been lurking on here checking for updates on this position since the last all sources bid. I was a few weeks late to the 2018 bid so I've been waiting a while and can't wait to sit around and wait some more. Good luck everyone.

I really do hope they don't ask me for the exact day I started and ended some of my previous jobs. Since I don't remember at all.

What's up Chuck! I remember you from last year's thread haha

We're back baby! Never give up hope!

How long does it take to get invited to the atsa test after the initial application??

If its any help, I applied last bid on July 29th last year, took the ATSA on November 16th, but it was one of the last dates available due to my current work schedule. Our window was like beginning of October to the end of November to take it IIRC

The one I went through in 2017 had like 25000 applicants (I think) and it took me 9 months from applying to academy. I'm wondering if this one will move slightly quicker since there's less applicants to go through. That's me trying to think out loud positively but hey one can hope.

So I have gathered a bunch of info from people's timelines for the last few bids and came up with these averages (the times are listed as in between steps) :

2016- Total time: 15 months, App-TOL: 8 mos, TOL-CIL: 5 mos, CIL-FOL: 1 month, FOL-Academy: 1 month.
2017- Total time: 12 mos, App-ATSA: 3 mos, ATSA-referred: 1 mo, Ref-TOL: 1 mo, -CIL:2 mo, -FOL:4 mo, -Acdmy: 1 mo.
2018- Total: 7.75 mo, App-ATSA: 3 mos, -ref: 2 mo, -TOL: 1.5 wks, (insert shutdown here) -CIL: 2 mo, -FOL: 2 mo, -Acdmy: 2.5 wks.

So that's a general idea of what you can expect. Since 2015, they've gotten faster each time, so you may be looking at 6-7 months until you are at the Academy. Which would be awesome. But you never know what they might randomly decide to change, so only time will tell.

As far as knowing your ATSA band, 2018 was the first time they ever decided to release that information to people. Since they keep your score for 3 years, they will still have it at HR if you want to call. I can't guarantee that they will give it to you though.

Back
Top Bottom