Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I feel ya. I've been looking at local OKC news and there was a confirmed Corona virus case at a hotel

It's not a fun position. I'm currently working the last 45 minutes of my last day at work, and the new lessee for my apartment moves in in two weeks. Not thrilled.

Meanwhile I'm set to drive down to OKC in 72 hours and don't know any what's, how's or if's.
Wow. That is crazy. Colleges are forcing classes to be online. But those are bigger and there are usually 20,000+ people on campus. I don’t think that is the same for the academy.

I'm still waiting on a class date. I've been cleared, though. My current job just announced its shutting down until further notice... so not sure what's going to happen on either end.

Someone in the ATC subreddit is at the academy and asked the staff there what the Coronavirus plan was. Apparently they have plans for 30/60/90 days from now for how things could change, but right now they still want to go business as usual.

Someone in the ATC subreddit is at the academy and asked the staff there what the Coronavirus plan was. Apparently they have plans for 30/60/90 days from now for how things could change, but right now they still want to go business as usual.
If that's the case, at least some communication on the topic would be nice, since those of us that start classes in the next week or two are in a pretty awkward position wondering what's going on. They're probably just going to wait on doing anything until there's a confirmed case at the academy, unfortunately

If that's the case, at least some communication on the topic would be nice, since those of us that start classes in the next week or two are in a pretty awkward position wondering what's going on. They're probably just going to wait on doing anything until there's a confirmed case at the academy, unfortunately
I have serious doubts that any plan they have is complete, and my gut says they probably won’t want to close the academy until an ultimatum is staring them in the face.

But who knows.

I'm half expecting there to be a flyer on the door saying 'Sorry, we're closed' on Monday after the 18 hour drive.

Kim just posted on Facebook that academy classes are cancelled next week. Anybody else see that or something similar?

I haven’t gotten any emails yet

Word on the street at the academy is incoming classes will be suspended and classes already here will continue.

This is correct. Could be as long as August until we get a re-schedule. I wish they included the class starting in 3 days with the classes that will continue. We're already done with our two week notices and have arrangements with landlords to vacate so new tenants can move in.

This is correct. Could be as long as August until we get a re-schedule. I wish they included the class starting in 3 days with the classes that will continue. We're already done with our two week notices and have arrangements with landlords to vacate so new tenants can move in.
DId you get an email from HR about it or did you contact them?

I say (In my unbiased opinion) that the people who have classes already scheduled get postponed and have to take it after the people who don’t have a class date yet.

Last edited:
Yea the lack of communication is killing me. Like many of y'all, I already began ending my lease, putting in my 2 weeks, etc. I start in 2.5 weeks and I don't want to get an email saying "classes are delayed" a week before the Academy.

UPDATE: My HR POC LM is out, but she left the email of another HR POC. CG replied and told me only 1 academy class has been affected and that they don't know either what changes, if any, are being planned or made. They are also asking about any planned changes from the higher-ups so they can prevent emailing us at the last minute.

Yea the lack of communication is killing me. Like many of y'all, I already began ending my lease, putting in my 2 weeks, etc. I start in 2.5 weeks and I don't want to get an email saying "classes are delayed" a week before the Academy.

UPDATE: My HR POC LM is out, but she left the email of another HR POC. CG replied and told me only 1 academy class has been affected and that they don't know either what changes, if any, are being planned or made. They are also asking about any planned changes from the higher-ups so they can prevent emailing us at the last minute.

I wouldn't put your notice in if I were you. I wish I hadn't with mine.

Back
Top Bottom