Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I just care if someone else is going faster than me so I can inquire about what the holdup is and what I can do to speed it up, or vice versa.

I think what people have been trying to tell you is that there's nothing you can do to speed up a Tier-2 and your inquiries won't even be answered until your file is being processed.

I guess I would like to know if anyone is progressing through the process faster than me, or if I’m moving faster than other people. I feel like it’s relevant for people who’ve been tier-2 from this bid to know what their progress is compared to others. I understand that everyone’s different and we've been put in the process for different reasons, but that’s not what I care about. I just care if someone else is going faster than me so I can inquire about what the holdup is and what I can do to speed it up, or vice versa.

I feel like this is a good time to bring this up for the people in this thread who’ve received FOLs and have completed their CIL and haven’t been medically cleared because they’ve been placed in the tier-2 process. As of right now, most people from this bid either have been to the academy or have class start dates. For the rest of us in limbo with tier-2 or something else holding our clearances up, let’s start a conversation about what’s happening.
Why didn't you just ask that?

Yeah it's going to take a year on average to wait to be cleared for Tier 2. Live your life I guess.

Lots of timelines in this thread. There are a lot of people in limbo right now for lots of different reasons and the stress is high for those trying to get hired and left with the uncertainty of when the Academy will open and when clearances will be given. Everyone is trying to figure this out together and this website has lots of great resources from previous bids

Lots of timelines in this thread. There are a lot of people in limbo right now for lots of different reasons and the stress is high for those trying to get hired and left with the uncertainty of when the Academy will open and when clearances will be given. Everyone is trying to figure this out together and this website has lots of great resources from previous bids
It is a great resource! Thanks for sharing this for people that don’t know about it! I have read through all of it. I just wanted to see if people from this bid knew if they’ve been tier-2. I also guess there’s a curiosity factor in knowing how fast other people are going compared to me.

Well I got medically cleared on March 19th and hadn't heard anything about security clearance so I emailed my security POC today. She got back to me immediately and it turns out I got security cleared on February 10th lol. A full two months ago. So now I just wait to get a class date! Let’s get this show on the road!!!

Well I got medically cleared on March 19th and hadn't heard anything about security clearance so I emailed my security POC today. She got back to me immediately and it turns out I got security cleared on February 10th lol. A full two months ago. So now I just wait to get a class date! Let’s get this show on the road!!!
It's been hard to get a response these past few weeks... glad to hear things are still moving! I hate to be a pest so I try not to email anybody too often... and when I do I don't get a reply lol.

Unfortunately I think it's gonna be a while before they schedule any new class dates

Oh I know. I’m just happy I got cleared for security and medically. Feels good that the only thing in my way now is the academy. And I’m only 24 so I have time a be a little more patient than others do
I'm in the same boat as you except I'm 25 going on 26. Did you ever get an FOL?

I'm in the same boat as you except I'm 25 going on 26. Did you ever get an FOL?
No FOL yet. I’m not sure how long it usually takes once you’re cleared both security and medical. I was cleared for everything on March 19th so maybe with this pandemic it’ll take a month or so.

I would not expect any FOLs to be sent out until the academy is up and running again. Since we don’t know how long this pandemic will last, it is likely inconvenient for them to fill classes if they may be further delayed anyways.

My POC notified me yesterday after I asked what my status was via email. Said that I am cleared for everything. Wouldn’t have found out if I hadn’t asked. Mentioned that I am ready for a class date but have to wait until the COVID-19 situation gets resolved as all classes are currently suspended. Also, I had the background investigation interview today by phone as the shelter-in-place continues.

So if you have a signed FOL will you will get paid even if the class is delayed?

Depends- I had 4/10 and initially they told me that I wasn't eligible because I was notified more than 2 weeks ahead- later they called me a few days later and told me that they were virtually on-boarding me but I chose not to take the offer. I've read that classes after early May are still going to occur so I guess it'll depend on your class date.

You will get paid if you onboard. Nothing else matters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom