Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I'm kinda curious on how many more of us are left from this bid waiting. It seems like most are already in.
Still waiting, LM is my rep

A week before academy shutdown I got an email saying I was cleared and would probably get a class date for late June

A week ago I got another email saying I was fully cleared, and that they would get me a class date ASAP, but they have no idea when it would be

Looks like
Still waiting, LM is my rep

A week before academy shutdown I got an email saying I was cleared and would probably get a class date for late June

A week ago I got another email saying I was fully cleared, and that they would get me a class date ASAP, but they have no idea when it would be
A good bit more than I thought are all in the same boat together. It sucks waiting, but at least we're not alone in it.

I'm kinda curious on how many more of us are left from this bid waiting. It seems like most are already in.
Spoke to my rep KH in March, seems cool. Told me that I had been cleared across the board and at that point I was just waiting on a class date which in his opinion looked like it would be in July. Have yet to receive FOL though, and he also told me that only a certain amount of CILs, TOLs, and FOLs get sent out every month. I found that to be helpful information at the time because my best friend also received his TOL, but did not receive his CIL when I did. He did in fact get his about a month later.

Spoke to my rep today. All my clearances are finished, but they said they have a limited issuance for class dates right now and that they’ll be in touch when they have a date for me. My rep is KH. Always responds fast and has been very helpful

For the virtual onboarders, did HR mention anything about health insurance? If we have to quit our current jobs (or can only work limited hours) I'd be giving up health insurance.

Sorry if this was already discussed in the thread.

For the virtual onboarders, did HR mention anything about health insurance? If we have to quit our current jobs (or can only work limited hours) I'd be giving up health insurance.

Sorry if this was already discussed in the thread.

You get health insurance, are earning PTO and working towards retirement. Regular employee, you just make ~$300/wk take home.

Fully cleared, confirmed after I inquired on 04/28. Waiting on class date. Rep is CS.

Given the option to go ahead with online basics vs wait until academy opening, I plan on requesting to wait. Even if basics remains online, I’m apprehensive about an indefinite waiting period between basics and academy. Seems like an opportunity to forget information. I know it puts you ahead as far as probationary period, etc, but my top priority is success at academy, so I’m going to prioritize for that.

By the way, I had a dream last night I was doing basics (at academy). It was very easy lol. The one question I remember was like,

As an ATC, my responsibility is to
a) maintain efficient and safe flow of air traffic.
b) hang out with my friends in the control tower.
c) talk to the pilots to make sure their day is going okay.

still waiting. I have been cleared for both medical and security since early March. Rep is LM.

Still waiting. I can't seem to get in contact with my POC's either. At the same time, I'm not trying to come off as crazy/desperate and call/email everyday. Still though

Given the option to go ahead with online basics vs wait until academy opening, I plan on requesting to wait. Even if basics remains online, I’m apprehensive about an indefinite waiting period between basics and academy. Seems like an opportunity to forget information. I know it puts you ahead as far as probationary period, etc, but my top priority is success at academy, so I’m going to prioritize for that.
If your financial situation and personal life allow, do the online basics. The wait for academy basics may be indefinite. Nothing you learn in basics really matters. It is a summary of the what, when, where, why, and how of ATC and aviation. A small percentage of the info from basics is usable for the Enroute/Terminal portion of the academy . . . . maybe 10% and ALL OF THIS WILL BE REVIEWED. If you want to improve your chances of succeeding at the academy, TAKE ONLINE BASICS NOW, and spend the time between finishing and going to OKC learning the map (mainly for Enroute but may apply to Terminal as well). LEARN THE MAP! The map is the first thing you get graded on and there is no reason to not walk away with 2/2 points. Doesn't mean a whole lot if you ace your evals, but it is a good confidence boost and a few points for many is the decider between success and failure.
EDIT: Forgot to mention knowing the map like the back of your hand is arguably one of the most important things for success at the academy. I am sure people get away with subpar map knowledge but your chances of success are much higher if you do know the map well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom