Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

After going back-and-forth with medical since December, I was finally informed that everything was reviewed and passed... except now it's been so long that my drug test expired and I need to retake it.

So close!

After going back-and-forth with medical since December, I was finally informed that everything was reviewed and passed... except now it's been so long that my drug test expired and I need to retake it.

So close!
Keep going brotha it’s gonna be so worth it in the end.

So close!
Mine expired too. Not terribly pleased, they're such a pain to schedule where I am.

Wonder who they will have start the in person basics first? Will they just try to have the people that are already in OK start? Will they let people from other states come in? I'm in Vegas right now so I feel like it will be a little bit before they ask me to come out.

Wonder who they will have start the in person basics first? Will they just try to have the people that are already in OK start? Will they let people from other states come in? I'm in Vegas right now so I feel like it will be a little bit before they ask me to come out.
Fellow Vegas person here!
I finished online basics back in May, and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they go full online for basics. I know they were working on it already pre-caronavirus, and it would definitely save the FAA a lot of money

Fellow Vegas person here!
I finished online basics back in May, and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they go full online for basics. I know they were working on it already pre-caronavirus, and it would definitely save the FAA a lot of money
They have 9 in-person basics classes scheduled through September. 6 enroute, 3 terminal

Just looking for y’all’s opinion.

My company is offering a very generous severance package. With full transparency, it is one of the major airlines. The package includes 1 year of pay with Medical insurance, among other benefits. For an airline, that’s pretty good! The deadline to apply for the package is Wednesday. I have all my clearances and I’m pending a class date, but my hr rep said they don’t know when they would offer one.

So what do y’all think... Should I take the severance package? Does anyone have their tentative offer pulled at this stage in the process? I’m leaning towards taking the severance, but I have ten years and am couple months away from topping out at the airline. It just worries me about leaving without a FOL yet.

My company is offering a very generous severance package. With full transparency, it is one of the major airlines. The package includes 1 year of pay with Medical insurance, among other benefits. For an airline, that’s pretty good! The deadline to apply for the package is Wednesday. I have all my clearances and I’m pending a class date, but my hr rep said they don’t know when they would offer one.

So what do y’all think... Should I take the severance package? Does anyone have their tentative offer pulled at this stage in the process? I’m leaning towards taking the severance, but I have ten years and am couple months away from topping out at the airline. It just worries me about leaving without a FOL yet.
100% do it

What's the downside of waiting? Will the severance package not be there any more? I've seen too many TOLs go away because of whatever bs for me to feel comfortable with it completely. Full clearances or not. Just my two cents though. Always keep the 100% guaranteed route.

What's the downside of waiting? Will the severance package not be there any more? I've seen too many TOLs go away because of whatever bs for me to feel comfortable with it completely. Full clearances or not. Just my two cents though. Always keep the 100% guaranteed route.
The deadline is Wednesday he said

The deadline is Wednesday he said
I understand when the deadline is, but having 0 experience with this, I'm asking. What's the difference between applying for severance now, or leaving later? Will he not work until then? Is he still actively making money? If he is let go in 2 months what does he get then? Just unemployment? What did he miss out on.

I would do it. They're continuing with the January bid which makes me think hiring is still a go. If you look at the FAA's course catalog they have terminal classes scheduled through January. I dont know what the enroute classes name would be so I couldnt find enroute classes but I'm sure they have those scheduled through January as well. And I know it's up to date because the terminal class has a gap between 2/26/2020 and 7/6/2020

I understand when the deadline is, but having 0 experience with this, I'm asking. What's the difference between applying for severance now, or leaving later? Will he not work until then? Is he still actively making money? If he is let go in 2 months what does he get then? Just unemployment? What did he miss out on.
He gets a whole year of pay and medical which if all goes well will go past his first day at the academy. Alternatively he can be laid off on oct 1 and get nothing.

He gets a whole year of pay and medical which if all goes well will go past his first day at the academy. Alternatively he can be laid off on oct 1 and get nothing.
Where does it say he can be laid off October 1? I read his post as him saying he could be hanging out there for awhile and the move to ATC is because he believes hell enjoy it more.

Where does it say he can be laid off October 1? I read his post as him saying he could be hanging out there for awhile and the move to ATC is because he believes hell enjoy it more.
If he starts atc anytime in the next year he basically gets to double dip. If his toll falls through then maybe he won’t come out ahead. But if he’s an agent at an airline the chance of him being furloughed or contracted out us probably higher than his TOL falling through.

Back
Top Bottom