Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

It actually seems more along the lines of- an onboarding date is the date you are hired. Swear in, do some paperwork, ya da ya da. And then JUST from gauging what I can get from this forum, you’ll probably start online basics anywhere from 2-5 weeks after your onboarding. Online basics takes about one month. Once you finish and pass your online basics, you’re put in another queue for a real “class date” in Oklahoma City at the Academy. I have no idea how long that is. And again these are just patterns from what I’ve seen on pointsixtyfive
That all lines up with my understanding, other than the time between onboarding and class start date.

It surprises me that they'd onboard 2-5 weeks ahead of time, as aren't they paying trainees from the time they're onboarded?

She said class date.

From my understanding, onboarding dates are only a week or so ahead of the class start date, so not a big difference? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It took my class about 4 weeks from onboarding to get a class date.

Onboarded July 13th, and we start August 20th.

That all lines up with my understanding, other than the time between onboarding and class start date.

It surprises me that they'd onboard 2-5 weeks ahead of time, as aren't they paying trainees from the time they're onboarded?
They’re paying some trainees a 100k to sit at home for the last 5 months

lol onboarded in March, class in August. In their defense, we onboarded right as the academy shut down and I'm pretty sure everyone was optimistic it would only last a couple weeks.

Am I supposed to get my iPad before I onboard? My laptop broke so I dont have one at the moment. I guess I could borrow a friends. I’m supposed to onboard on September 14th.

Am I supposed to get my iPad before I onboard? My laptop broke so I dont have one at the moment. I guess I could borrow a friends. I’m supposed to onboard on September 14th.

I have the same onboard date, and was told we have to have a way to get on zoom... no iPad supplied until classes start

For anyone here, have you had any more luck by calling your HR rep than emailing them? I have only emailed with mine, so I’m not sure if calling her would do any more good than that.

Last edited:
\

We didn't get our iPads until a day or two before Basics started. Some people used their phones for onboarding.

Back
Top Bottom