Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

If I am only halfway through basics right now, when would you estimate I would be going to OKC?
I suggest you ask after you pass basics. Someone talks to you after the EOC test about what to expect next and they should have the current class list of when certain people are scheduled to be in OKC. My class tried estimating the time frame for our class and we got anywhere between mid-Aug to the end of Dec. Its a crap shoot trying to figure that out

So when you get to online basics you go through the courses over and over until you finally get a class date? Sorry I stopped following this thread towards the beginning of quarantine and now I'm trying to catch up.

When you pass basics you move on to phase 1 and 2, which are 4 hours a day of new non radar material. The structure is similar to basics, but nothing is graded and you don’t have to “pass.” Phase 3 from what I’ve heard is just daily review until you leave to OKC.

My fiance got the call for 9/14 Onboarding (terminal). We decided we'll just save money and move in with my mom who lives in OKC. From our understanding, online basics is 5 weeks and in-person classes are 7 weeks? Am I correct with this?

But looking here at the forums, there is a probability of long down time periods between Onboarding, Basics, In-Person, and then if/when he graduates from training, there is even more down time before going to his assignment? Please correct me if I'm wrong. My mom is fine hosting us, but it'd be nice to tell her if she should expect to house us until 2022 ?

Not always going to be 9. I'm in a class of 6. Our original 13 got split up in 3 ways.

Sorry, 9 max.

Did your three way get classes at the same time, or as people peeled off, the others had to wait?

There was no correlation to last names and people who got sent to the academy in our class.

That's frustrating, at least a pattern is predictable. Our class was split up by last names. First X amount of people got to go, the others had to keep doing zoom online.

That's frustrating, at least a pattern is predictable. Our class was split up by last names. First X amount of people got to go, the others had to keep doing zoom online.

Are the people in your class finding out directly from the “powers above” or is it coming via the instructors? It seems the instructors know that you aren’t going to be in class the following week and prompt you to go get in touch with someone.

Are the people in your class finding out directly from the “powers above” or is it coming via the instructors? It seems the instructors know that you aren’t going to be in class the following week and prompt you to go get in touch with someone.

Instructors are contractors and know no more than the students.

Instructors are contractors and know no more than the students.

What seems to be happening for us is the instructors get a list of names that’s going to be in their class the following week and when your name isn’t on there they have been telling those ones to go reach out and figure out why.

My fiance got the call for 9/14 Onboarding (terminal). We decided we'll just save money and move in with my mom who lives in OKC. From our understanding, online basics is 5 weeks and in-person classes are 7 weeks? Am I correct with this?

But looking here at the forums, there is a probability of long down time periods between Onboarding, Basics, In-Person, and then if/when he graduates from training, there is even more down time before going to his assignment? Please correct me if I'm wrong. My mom is fine hosting us, but it'd be nice to tell her if she should expect to house us until 2022 ?

Onboarding, then a month average wait time for a basics class date. That’s 4 or 5 weeks if I remember correctly. Then virtual training (I think they are doing terminal the same as enroute) where you just go over the material over and over until you get a class date. So it might be a bit.

EMSI - The drug screener that I did my drug test for Medical, effectively shut down back in July. I guess that makes retesting the 6 months a little tricky...

EMSI - The drug screener that I did my drug test for Medical, effectively shut down back in July. I guess that makes retesting the 6 months a little tricky...

Yea they'll use a different one. My refresher I took two weeks ago was only like 10 minutes from my house. The one I did in January was an hour away

You got time between now and then so you're good if you don't hear anything for a bit. And geez oh man are you lucky, 9/14 is gonna be the last class of the year. #inunderthewire
That is the last onboarding for the fiscal year, ending 9/30. I’m thinking (hoping) that they are planning out the onboarding and class schedule for the next fiscal year starting 10/1, and will have some update for us closer to the end of September.

That is the last onboarding for the fiscal year, ending 9/30. I’m thinking (hoping) that they are planning out the onboarding and class schedule for the next fiscal year starting 10/1, and will have some update for us closer to the end of September.
I can pretty much guarantee you that won't be happening so try not to get your hopes up.

Of course they’ll make a schedule for next fiscal year. This happens every year. As soon as a budget is approved they’ll put the classes on the calendar.
Yes, and those classes will be scheduled for February/March or later. Things are majorly backlogged, there will be a lull

Doubt. The academy won’t shut down if they have funding. Unless it shuts down again for covid.
I should clarify, I was still talking about Basics but hopefully all of our bid gets onboarded by 9/14. After that there is still a decent wait from finishing Basics to running labs at the Academy.

Back
Top Bottom