Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Interesting.... One person from the '20 bid already received an FOL for April start date with an 4/12/21 onboardng date with screenshot proof. I still have yet to receive my FOL with date of 4/14/21 for terminal...

Edit: based on the date it's likely enroute when checked against the class schedule.

Last edited:
Interesting.... One person from the '20 bid already received an FOL for April start date with an 4/12/21 onboardng date with screenshot proof. I still have yet to receive my FOL with date of 4/14/21 for terminal...
I saw that too. I’m 3/19 terminal and still no word after my drug test refresher. Is anybody still waiting for a February start date FOL?

Edit: based on the date it's likely enroute when checked against the class schedule.

Little annoying but I'm not all that concerned. Maybe just lucky with their HR rep or something.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the results of your drug test refresher to get to HR? I took my on 1/14/2021 and as of last Friday my HR rep had still not received the clearance for it.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the results of your drug test refresher to get to HR? I took my on 1/14/2021 and as of last Friday my HR rep had still not received the clearance for it.
This exact same thing happened to me. I asked about my FOL, my POC said she didn't have the results of my drug test refresher yet. which I had taken a month prior. So I called FD&AT myself they said they would do some investigating and email me back. Well they didn't find it. So they set me up to take another one. Right after they set me up for another one they emailed me and canceled it saying they found it and I got my FOL they next day. I don't know if that helps you but thats how I solved my missing drug test problem.
Also I hope you kept your drug test refresher receipt, if you do call they will ask to see that several times.

This exact same thing happened to me. I asked about my FOL, my POC said she didn't have the results of my drug test refresher yet. which I had taken a month prior. So I called FD&AT myself they said they would do some investigating and email me back. Well they didn't find it. So they set me up to take another one. Right after they set me up for another one they emailed me and canceled it saying they found it and I got my FOL they next day. I don't know if that helps you but thats how I solved my missing drug test problem.
Also I hope you kept your drug test refresher receipt, if you do call they will ask to see that several times.
Oh yeah I definitely kept my receipt. I have seen how easy something can me missed and at least I have that as proof. I emailed the FAA testing email that set up my drug test about 2 weeks ago. They said they they are just a part of the multi chain process, but that they received their portion and that is a good sign. I guess I will hold out a little while longer.

I emailed my HR rep to see if I could get an exact date to report to OKC so that I could go ahead and book where Im going to stay while Im out there. She responded back and said "Your exact date is not known. You will work with the academy to arrange for housing." Anyone ever had them say this, and how do I deal with trying to rent a room since they tend to fill up pretty fast? My onboarding date is 02/19

I emailed my HR rep to see if I could get an exact date to report to OKC so that I could go ahead and book where Im going to stay while Im out there. She responded back and said "Your exact date is not known. You will work with the academy to arrange for housing." Anyone ever had them say this, and how do I deal with trying to rent a room since they tend to fill up pretty fast? My onboarding date is 02/19
HR: "Make sure you have your housing situation figured out, spots fill up fast." Us: "Okay great, can you tell me when I will be in OKC so I know when to book it." HR: "No :)"

If you stay at Kim’s (others probably similar), she probably knows more about your schedule than your rep, ha. She will start to communicate with you to lock in dates once you get close

You will definitely not run into lack of housing in general, and you are unlikely to run into lack of housing with a preferred provider. It can happen but high super likely as there’s less classes at the academy.

My initial class got split in half and the first half couldn’t get any bookings at Kim’s but 7/9 of my half was able to book Kim’s. I can’t remember but I think the other 2 chose to not go to Kim’s but not sure

I know you guys are anxious but they're not going to give you the date tomorrow and expect you to come the day after. There will be places for you to stay. You won't be homeless.
Especially now with the academy running at low capacity. Remember there used to be 2 whole shifts with twice as many people in every class and in person basics.

I sure hope not. I was hoping to stay at Anatole and they only had one room left around the time I was thinking I would be starting.

Back
Top Bottom