Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I sure hope not. I was hoping to stay at Anatole and they only had one room left around the time I was thinking I would be starting.
For what it's worth your report date will probably be a few weeks- a month after you complete basics.

Did HR ever ask y'all to email them a copy of your Social Security card and drivers license? Seems like a super risky thing to do. Is there a safe way that I'm missing to do this?

Did HR ever ask y'all to email them a copy of your Social Security card and drivers license? Seems like a super risky thing to do. Is there a safe way that I'm missing to do this?
I guess I'm the only one huh? I called them and they told me the HR people are working from home and have no way other way to receive documents. Sending photos of your Social Security number seems super sketchy to me especially to someone's unsecured personal computer. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go with this.

I guess I'm the only one huh? I called them and they told me the HR people are working from home and have no way other way to receive documents. Sending photos of your Social Security number seems super sketchy to me especially to someone's unsecured personal computer. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go with this.
They are probably using work laptops if that makes you feel better.

Can you call them to give them your social? I wouldn't be too worried about sending a copy of just your license if you can give social over the phone.

Can you call them to give them your social? I wouldn't be too worried about sending a copy of just your license if you can give social over the phone.
I think they are trying to verify identify so they need an actual picture of the card . They already have the actual number on all the forms. I think I can send them my birth certificate as an alternative. Not sure if that's any better than sending the social security number though.

I think they are trying to verify identify so they need an actual picture of the card . They already have the actual number on all the forms. I think I can send them my birth certificate as an alternative. Not sure if that's any better than sending the social security number though.
If I was you I would create a protonmail account since its an encrypted email. Your HR should have a private work laptop that is secure too. Not the best situation, but at least you can do everything you can make it it secure.

And just like that my point has been proven. I just received and email from another student who was apparently responding to HRs email for their address verification, and some kind of way the email got sent to the wrong person. It contained a lot of their personal information like name and address. If this had been the email that contained their social security number I would have gotten it too. This is incredibly dangerous and makes it certain that I won't be sending my information over email.

And just like that my point has been proven. I just received and email from another student who was apparently responding to HRs email for their address verification, and some kind of way the email got sent to the wrong person. It contained a lot of their personal information like name and address. If this had been the email that contained their social security number I would have gotten it too. This is incredibly dangerous and makes it certain that I won't be sending my information over email.
Dude relax it’s going to be ok.

Double, triple, quadruple check if you'd like that you are sending it to the correct address. They need verification to hire and pay you, so if you don't comply i'm sure the worst that can happen is it just takes a lot longer to get you verified in the FAA system.

Anyways, had my drug refresher Wednesday morning. Received my FOL later that day )not sure if it was sent because they received the drug test information already? If so, that's the fastest part of this process I've seen yet.

Either way, on to the next part.

Anyways, had my drug refresher Wednesday morning. Received my FOL later that day )not sure if it was sent because they received the drug test information already? If so, that's the fastest part of this process I've seen yet.

It was already in the works. I got my FOL a few days before my retest, though it had already been scheduled.

What is your date?

From my initial call my onboarding would be 3/17. Took my Drug test refresher last month and it just cleared. HR let me know I should receive my FOL next week.

From my initial call my onboarding would be 3/17. Took my Drug test refresher last month and it just cleared. HR let me know I should receive my FOL next week.
I’m in the exact same boat! Call in November had a start of 3/17. Drug test refresh completed in January. Reached out to HR this week and they told me I should expect FOL next week. After a year of waiting looks like the wheels are finally starting to turn!

If you’re really that worried about someone stealing your information/identify, LifeLock has monitoring/protection subscriptions for like $9 a month. And if your info is stolen as a result of some type of breach on the agency’s end, the government will likely buy you a subscription for free.

So I've got a 3/18 onboarding date, no contact about a drug refresher yet or an FOL...should I reach out to someone? Spoke to my HR rep 2-3 weeks ago and she said they've got me on the list for drug tests and they'll get to me when they get to me.

Would reaching out to drug testing directly be advisable?

Back
Top Bottom