Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Yeah we both took the test together and both got Qualified only. Both qualify for VRA as well but no offer my way yet, apparently he doesn’t even know if he’s going to accept cause he’s in a federal GS13 slot in a cushy office position but wants a change of scenery. Heard of the academy fail rates and doesn’t know if it worth leaving.

Not familiar with the Academy failure rate. Do I wanna know?

The numbers shouldn’t matter. You’re there for yourself not the results that someone has gotten before you.
Theoretically they shouldn't. But for most people a ##% failure rate could mean they have that ##% chance of failing, too. If it's hard enough that that many people fail, then it can weigh on your nerves. Best to live by "ignorance is bliss" in this case, so you can focus on yourself and your own score and not be distracted. But to each their own.

As somebody who just passed I’ll second what’s been said about the scores. They don’t matter to you. If you’re affected by stats of somebody who went through and passed/failed before you who you don’t even know. Then now is time for a reality check. The only person who can fail this course is you. Nobody else will fail it for you. Choose to study and choose to give it your all. Most of it is simple stuff to just memorize. The rest is application. If you’re trying to memorize the simple stuff while trying to apply you’ll struggle. Put in the effort, screw the stats and keep your emotions in check.
For the record, our class passed 14/18.

My mistake. I apologize for confusing you. Like I said this is my first time applying, so it was my mistake to assume that last year's process was the same as this year in regards to the qualified bands and referral process. I went back and reread previous posts and saw that last year any one who passed the ATSA was automatically referred. Feel free to enlighten me. Thanks.
it's all good, just wanted to double check to make sure I wasn't mistaken myself

It probably isn't alphabetical not that it even matters.

I got my TOL the first day they sent them, and I was Pool 1 Well Qualified with my last name being Monroe.

Also, I was always told that whatever your eyesight is on the day of the evaluation that's what they use, and they don't look into any further than that.

Received my EODS email.

AT Basics Bypass Form which I am going to decline because everyone recommends going to Basics which makes complete sense.

Back
Top Bottom