Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Husband and I got our CILs and, let me tell you... the e-QUIP SUCKS! Mostly because I've moved like 13 times in the last 10 years...

Towers are considered terminal facilities. As are combined tower and radar facilities (up-downs) and TRACONs. (Terminal Radar Approach CONtrol).

Enroute is Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC). Regional Center facilities.

If you're in a terminal class--you can be sent to either a tower or tracon?

If you're in a terminal class--you can be sent to either a tower or tracon?

You will either get a tower-only facility, or an up/down. An up/down works both. Once you certify in the tower of an up/down, you will be sent back to OKC for RTF for roughly 1 month. It's a pass/pass class though. No pressure like the initial tower class.

They really don't send new OTS hires to standalone TRACONs.

Is anyone seeing "Referred" on both the USAJobs website AND the FAA website? So far, I'm still only seeing "Referred" in USAJobs and "Received" on FAA.
Hey AirGuru,
Are you logging into the FAA website? If so, what is the URL and how did you get a login/password? Never heard of this until now... I only login to USA JOBS. Thanks :)

Called HR and TOLs are rolling out as we speak. They’ll come in waves. USAjobs profile will update to “not hired” if that happens then TOLs will have all been expended and there are no more. Keep hope until you see “not hired”
Hey Drewzer (or any TOL receiver),
Thanks for the update. Do you by chance know if the emails for TOLs come through to us via email in the same fashion as they did when they sent us emails to come and take the ATSA? Or are you logging in via an FAA website to check your application status? And if anyone else that’s gotten at TOL this round could answer this Q that would be great! Thx

Thanks for the update. Do you by chance know if the emails for TOLs come through to us via email in the same fashion as they did when they sent us emails to come and take the ATSA? Or are you logging in via an FAA website to check your application status? And if anyone else that’s gotten at TOL this round could answer this Q that would be great! Thx
via personal email

Last edited:
TOL comes via email. Won’t change anything on USA Jobs. And there’s a link to the FAA Aviator in the “more information” on your referral status. That link should keep you logged in.

Received a TOL @ 5:57 MST
P1 WQ
Check your emails!!
Hey Gooni79,
Did they send you an email in the same inbox as they did when you received you ATSA email? Who’s the email from? I’m confused as I heard one person say they checked the FAA website and I don’t have an FAA login/password... thanks

Well... 3 hours later and the e-QUIP is DONE! lol Luckily for me, I had gathered all the information beforehand and made a spreadsheet. I've lived quite a (very legal) life, so there was a lot of information I had to put down.
Advice for anyone who hasn't received it yet, find the SF-86 online and get all the information. You'll probably need about 10-30 different people's addresses, emails, and phone numbers, so... better early than late! Also, if you fill it out and save it (or make a spreadsheet), if you have a future job where you have to fill it out again, you already have all the data and it will be accurate (they check to see if old SF-86s are the same as newer ones for consistency/honesty.)

Hey Gooni79,
Did they send you an email in the same inbox as they did when you received you ATSA email? Who’s the email from? I’m confused as I heard one person say they checked the FAA website and I don’t have an FAA login/password... thanks

If you go to your application on USAJOBS and click "Additional Application Information" or something you get sent to the FAA Aviator site

It is times like these that I'm happy I kept all of the "useless crap" I did while in the Air Force which includes my old SF-86. I think all I'll need is my addresses since then and maybe a couple of contacts.

Hey Gooni79,
The TOL will be sent directly to your email and will be in your main inbox. Also, it will have been sent from an @faa.gov email. But also be sure to check your spam/junk folder just in case. Also, the TOL email will have (FAA) in the header/subject line of the email.

Dang, Pool 1 BQ and no EODS or CIL email. Another season of stressing, and scrambling to the phone when the email alert goes off.
All correspondence after the TOL will come from your HR Rep. Some Reps work faster than others so don't stress about some getting CIL's and you not having anything yet. It will come, just be patient, but you can call next week to check in if it helps to ease the nerves.

Hey AirGuru,
Are you logging into the FAA website? If so, what is the URL and how did you get a login/password? Never heard of this until now... I only login to USA JOBS. Thanks :)
Go to your USAJobs dashboard, click on the FAA trainee position, and click on additional info. It will take you to the FAA website and will automatically look you in.

So after you accept the TOL and it is confirmed what is next? CIL? or EODS?
Most of us received EODS login info first. Some received their CIL’s from their Reps after that. Your rep will have to approve some of the documents you need to fill out on EODS before they send your CIL.

Back
Top Bottom