Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Could somebody be kind enough to explain the psych evaluation?

Filling out forms - Are you all printing the forms, handwriting your signature, and then re-scanning? Or are you just signing electronically?
I signed electronically last year, no problems.

Does the FAA send a letter out to your current employer? And if so, When? I want to get in front of it somewhat.
Like Counterclockwise said, the investigations agency will send a form letter at least your current employer, possibly the previous few as well. I think the agency (it used to be called the NBIB) recently moved from OPM to the DOD, not that it matters. For me, I sent in all my security paperwork on a Tuesday or Wednesday and my employer had the form in the mail early the following week, so you definitely want to give them a heads-up ASAP once you get to that step in the process.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I find the closest FAA facility to where I live?
There used to be a "facility and locality map" on this site but it hasn't worked in several months unfortunately. You can look up facilities by identifier on this site or 123atc.com (that one is probably easier to use for this purpose) and try to find ones that are close.

The applicant contact information form says Closest FAA facility (terminal or en route) if you go on 123atc.com look at the terminal am she en route locations I'm not sure but I don't think they want tower location (like I said I'm not sure. I'm new to this too) but based on the form that is my opinion so I would stick with en route and terminal locations only

The applicant contact information form says Closest FAA facility (terminal or en route) if you go on 123atc.com look at the terminal am she en route locations I'm not sure but I don't think they want tower location (like I said I'm not sure. I'm new to this too) but based on the form that is my opinion so I would stick with en route and terminal locations only
Which is literally every FAA control facility

Question with the Closest FAA facility- if I live in Chicago then picking the Chicago O'Hare Tower is fine? The one at the airport??

By "closest" they really mean "preferred". If you can take the MMPI there you'll take it there. So if technically PWK is closer to you as the crow flies but it's easier for you to get to ORD, go for it. Doesn't matter.

Dayday2 like GBP said, "enroute or terminal" means... every FAA ATC facility. Those are the two options, enroute (high-altitude radar) or terminal (can be tower, low-altitude radar, or both). I suppose if you want to get technical they're excluding FSS facilities, which they only have in Alaska anyway.

By "closest" they really mean "preferred". If you can take the MMPI there you'll take it there. So if technically PWK is closer to you as the crow flies but it's easier for you to get to ORD, go for it. Doesn't matter.

Dayday2 like GBP said, "enroute or terminal" means... every FAA ATC facility. Those are the two options, enroute (high-altitude radar) or terminal (can be tower, low-altitude radar, or both). I suppose if you want to get technical they're excluding FSS facilities, which they only have in Alaska anyway.
Oh ok. Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it

So terminal and tower are the same thing? I thought they were separate. Please correct me if I'm wrong so I can understand better
Towers are considered terminal facilities. As are combined tower and radar facilities (up-downs) and TRACONs. (Terminal Radar Approach CONtrol).

Enroute is Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC). Regional Center facilities.

Is it okay that I just responded to the email they sent me and attached my signed PDF's on it? Or was I supposed to compose a separate email with different title? I'm getting paranoid and don't want to resend something lol

Is it okay that I just responded to the email they sent me and attached my signed PDF's on it? Or was I supposed to compose a separate email with different title? I'm getting paranoid and don't want to resend something lol

I responded to the email and got a confirmation email fairly quickly afterwards.

I just resent a completely separate email with the PDF's attached. I'm sure that replying to the TOL email with your PDF's would be just fine too though since it's going to the same email

Back
Top Bottom