Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Saw on PSI website they have ATSA test dates starting next Monday (7/22), hopefully something this week!

I would be shocked if they had class dates even in August. Last year, I applied around the same time and I didn't take the ATSA until November 2nd, granted this was one of the latest dates you could due to my current work scheduling, but the earliest I remember being able to schedule was the last week or so in September. I feel like we have quite a way to go still.

I know this thread is a bit dead compared to last year's OTS thread, but where are all the people with privy information on this bid? I mean numbers of applicants, # per pool,.... or is it too soon for that info. I'm predicting pretty low numbers but who knows, I need more apt people to apply in pool 1 to avoid what happened last year.
I would love to know if anyone knows the details as of yet as well.

Just to give you guys a heads up

Last Year I applied to the Open Source Bid on July 27

Got the ATSA Email September 25

Took ATSA October 22

Referred December 6

TOL December 21

Then Goverment shut down.

But that’s the time line for last year bid.

Also the timeline was really similar for the 2017 bid.

Just to give you guys a heads up

Last Year I applied to the Open Source Bid on July 27

Got the ATSA Email September 25

Took ATSA October 22

Referred December 6

TOL December 21

Then Goverment shut down.

But that’s the time line for last year bid.

Also the timeline was really similar for the 2017 bid.

Were you Pool 1 or 2?
Does Pool 1 or 2 change the timeline at all?

Were you Pool 1 or 2?
Does Pool 1 or 2 change the timeline at all?
P1

Once everyone is referred, then everyone is treated equally. In the past there were instances that TOL went out in a big wave and then other smaller waves of TOL went out after the initial. Last year I don’t remember that happening. There was 1 large TOL wave, and nothing after when the government reopened. Maybe a handful of people received TOL after the initial wave, but I’m not to certain on that.

Generally if you go back to other bids timelines should look really similar to mines. As I mentioned 2018 and 2017 were about the same, as far as the time lines goes. If I were a betting man I could only assume that it should be the same for this bid also.

It looks like the atcprep.com software was updated in November to include 4 new simulations that mimic the ATSA...has anyone who has taken the ATSA updated their software and could share if the new simulations are a pretty good fit to the ATSA?

Saw this on reddit..

Looks like they took away the 10% rule between hiring pools. They should take away the ATSA requirement for prior-experience applying to these OTS bids too. The collision and directional stuff was okay but the math was pretty hard. Lol

So correct me if I'm wrong, this bill sounds like it was introduced because they think the OTS pool is holding back the CTI graduates? Meanwhile, the last bid had a bunch of best-qualified OTS applicants that didn't get TOLs because there weren't enough Pool 1 applicants? I guess removing the 10% rule probably helps everyone as far as getting more people to the academy, but the reasoning behind it strikes me as funny.

So correct me if I'm wrong, this bill sounds like it was introduced because they think the OTS pool is holding back the CTI graduates? Meanwhile, the last bid had a bunch of best-qualified OTS applicants that didn't get TOLs because there weren't enough Pool 1 applicants? I guess removing the 10% rule probably helps everyone as far as getting more people to the academy, but the reasoning behind it strikes me as funny.

The bill was introduced because the CTI schools whined to their congressmen - look at what states the senators who introduced the bill are from. Regional and issue-specific bills like this get introduced all the time, and a large percentage of them never go anywhere, but the senator still gets votes and a fat check for caring about their constituents' issues. In reality, I think it will be a hard sell for this to actually make it into a law - by heavily favoring expensive private colleges for preferential hiring for government jobs, you're inevitably gonna see a lot less racial and socioeconomic diversity among controllers, and I think a lot of people are gonna make noise about essentially locking underprivileged minorities out of highly lucrative government jobs.

Back
Top Bottom