Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Very true, I was thinking of doing the same thing. How do you send your prior score?
I'm gonna call HR whenever these emails go out and go from there

It won't change anything, since it's not yet a law, so the 10% thing is far from gone. It's been passed by one committee, but there are several steps before it passes, if it ever does.

Well jeez sorry for being uninformed, I read on another site it passed. I'll update my post above
sad.jpg

I was "Well Qualified" last year. Yall think I should retake the test this time around or just run with my current score?

I was "Well Qualified" last year. Yall think I should retake the test this time around or just run with my current score?

They don’t tell you your score anymore, right? So what would be the point? You’re hoping that the well qualified score you got will be replaced with a better well qualified score that you won’t ever know about? What happens if you do worse and end up qualified? Does that replace your well qualified score?

Doesn’t seem like something you would get anything out of.

They don’t tell you your score anymore, right? So what would be the point? You’re hoping that the well qualified score you got will be replaced with a better well qualified score that you won’t ever know about? What happens if you do worse and end up qualified? Does that replace your well qualified score?

They tell you if you are qualified, well qualified, or best qualified. And the hope is that if you've taken it once you will do better the next time but you never know. Could have a bad day or something. The new score replaces the old one no matter what.

Fact is that not all best qualified even got a TOL. So anything less than "best" should be retaken.

Just because they placed "well qualified" last bid means they will this year. A new batch of candidates in this bid could ultimately score higher and push them back even further. Hell, there were "best qualified" applicants that didn't even receive a TOL. There is always the chance they could do worse, but at least they have the advantage of knowing what the test is like and can be better prepared. It would be in their best interest to retake if they weren't at the top of the pool last year.

They tell you if you are qualified, well qualified, or best qualified. And the hope is that if you've taken it once you will do better the next time but you never know. Could have a bad day or something. The new score replaces the old one no matter what.

Fact is that not all best qualified even got a TOL. So anything less than "best" should be retaken.

Oh. I didn’t know they added a best qualified. Sorry.

If you took it last year and didn't get a TOL why do you think that score will be good enough this year? I would definately retake and now you know what to expect on the atsa and should do better

If you took it last year and didn't get a TOL why do you think that score will be good enough this year? I would definately retake and now you know what to expect on the atsa and should do better

I think the idea is that the best qualified scores WERE good enough, but weren't accepted due to not enough Pool 1 applicants. Which implies that it was more of a numbers issue than a performance issue. Whether or not you decide to retake depends on a handful of things, but I can see both sides of the argument.

Pretty sure those who were best qualified and did not get a TOL were in pool 2 cause if you were pool 1 and best qualified, you were most definitely going to get a TOL. There is no way you wouldnt, considering they hardly hired any controllers last year. Though does that mean they didnt bother hiring any well qualified or qualified pool 1? That's wack

I'm curious about how many applied this year in pool 1 and 2. There is hardly any hype. my school makes announcements and they didnt this year and the bid was open the entire 3 days. Maybe people did not expect it to be open in June rather than July or August

We should get test dates within the next 2 to 3 weeks is my guess

Back
Top Bottom