Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

It seems that I have been lucky with responsiveness from my rep (CG) and that I am a bit ahead of the curve compared to other Pool 2's. So I wanted to just share where I am at, and toss out a couple questions.

I got the TOL on the 15th in that big first wave. I sent in my response that same day, and got the confirmation email 3 days later (11/18). I then got my EODS emails one week after that (11/25) and returned the AT Basics Election Form that same day, which led me to getting the CIL the following day. I got a follow-up email with the Pre-Employment Interview Worksheet and AME list the day after that, as well as the background check info email from the security POC that same day (11/27).

Thanksgiving obviously slowed down progress, but I was able to get my fingerprints and DOT 1631 Form done and mailed yesterday, and I completed and released the e-QIP today. I returned the Pre-Employment worksheet yesterday, I have the Medical exam scheduled for the 12th, and the MMPI scheduled for the 17th (earliest dates available, sadly).

I think all that is left besides waiting for the tests is I am waiting on the MedXpress email. Is there anything else I am missing? And lastly, assuming everything does check out, what is a rough estimate for how long it would be before heading to OKC from now? Thanks.

Sadly there is no good timeline. It really depends on how all your clearances go. The biggest delay will be the processing of the MMPI. Second biggest is going to be medical and then security. How your background is and how all the information is processed will depend on how quick your process goes. It will also depend on your reps. They might be quicker than others and then again they might not.

Exactly, I haven't received that email yet. Just, "Return this form and do fingerprints. Once done you'll get another email with e-Quip info."
Wow, my POC had ALL the instructions in one email, fingerprints, e-Qip & code. Mine also had me upload my DOT 1631directly to e-Qip. Hopefully you get more info soon!

Just a word of advice for some you y'all on how some of the security and medical reps work. These reps will usually only reach out to you if they are actively working your file. If you are emailing and calling with no response chances are they are out of the office or aren't on your file yet. As far as the medicals go they are also handling the medicals of current controllers which are obviously a higher priority than new hires. So if you haven't gotten a response yet give it a week or two before you start panicking and bombarding everyone in HR.

As others have said this is the longest part of the process so just sit back relax and don't let the application process interrupt your normal routine.

It seems that I have been lucky with responsiveness from my rep (CG) and that I am a bit ahead of the curve compared to other Pool 2's. So I wanted to just share where I am at, and toss out a couple questions.
I must be lucky. I got my TOL 11/15. Got EODS and CIL on 11/20. Got medical and security emails with e-qip sign in on 11/21. Sent off fingerprinters, did MMPI-2 and submitted my e-qip and security stuff. The only thing holding me up right now is medical. I've been calling the doctors office since 11/22 but everytime I call they just say "Oh, you need to speak to XXX but they're not in their office right now. Just leave a message"

Have they given you drug test info yet? I don't have anything about it in my emails. I'm guessing that comes with MedXPress stuff.

Besides the married couple joining together, are there any others out there seeking spousal placement? My situation is a bit sticky and I'm concerned!

I must be lucky. I got my TOL 11/15. Got EODS and CIL on 11/20. Got medical and security emails with e-qip sign in on 11/21. Sent off fingerprinters, did MMPI-2 and submitted my e-qip and security stuff. The only thing holding me up right now is medical. I've been calling the doctors office since 11/22 but everytime I call they just say "Oh, you need to speak to XXX but they're not in their office right now. Just leave a message"

Have they given you drug test info yet? I don't have anything about it in my emails. I'm guessing that comes with MedXPress stuff.

Yeah, I got the drug test info with my MedXpress log-in info.

While I don't know the specifics of it all you shouldn't have any issue going to his facility. Only potential issue I'd think is if that facility is small enough where it'd be unavoidable to have him as a sup.
Fingers crossed that you're right!!

No, I was actually going to ask this too. I saw mention of a drug test, but have heard nothing else about it.

I've been calling the number (provided in the MedXpress email) with no luck all morning!

I got the TOL on the 15th in that big first wave. I sent in my response that same day, and got the confirmation email 3 days later (11/18 ). I then got my EODS emails one week after that (11/25) and returned the AT Basics Election Form that same day, which led me to getting the CIL the following day. I got a follow-up email with the Pre-Employment Interview Worksheet and AME list the day after that, as well as the background check info email from the security POC that same day (11/27).

Thanksgiving obviously slowed down progress, but I was able to get my fingerprints and DOT 1631 Form done and mailed yesterday, and I completed and released the e-QIP today. I returned the Pre-Employment worksheet yesterday, I have the Medical exam scheduled for the 12th, and the MMPI scheduled for the 17th (earliest dates available, sadly).

I think all that is left besides waiting for the tests is I am waiting on the MedXpress email. Is there anything else I am missing? And lastly, assuming everything does check out, what is a rough estimate for how long it would be before heading to OKC from now? Thanks.

All I've gotten is my TOL on 11/15 and the confirmation same day. I envy you.

Unfortunately, this process varies wildly. Last year's bid had people who got a late TOLs getting a FOL faster than the first wave. Besides the drug test, it seems you've gotten everyone or scheduled. Now it's just follow up and waiting.

The common delays are being Tier 2'd from failing MMPI and further information requests from background investigation.

Always seems to be the days that I stress about this stuff that they get back to me, CG sent me my EODS today, gonna get that done tonight after work and hope for a quick response.

I would think so. I'm assuming this is only relevant if you're currently enrolled, because I had to take a few online classes to complete licensure requirements in my state, and the e-QIP did not ask me anything about contacts at this or any other schools I attended. I do recall it saying to just list wherever the school's records are kept for an address to an online program.
Thanks, I am still enrolled, I'm just trying to compile all the info I need before I start the eQIP.

Finally finished the eQIP. Can't submit it until I get my fingerprints done, unfortunately the Sheriff's office won't answer and the police only do fingerprinting one day a week for two hours which I can't get to until next week. Really wish they'd accept one of those private fingerprint companies.

Has anyone been able to successfully schedule their drug test? Every time I call the number listed in the email, an automated message asks me to enter in an extension number, which I don’t have.

Has anyone been able to successfully schedule their drug test? Every time I call the number listed in the email, an automated message asks me to enter in an extension number, which I don’t have.
Yep, that was the easiest part for me. Had it scheduled in 2 minutes. What number did they give you?

Not an answer to your question, but I did notice in the CIL it states.

The pre-employment drug test is different than the urinalysis you complete at the doctor's office.

So do we have to make a separate appointment to do a drug test? I didn't see that anywhere.

You might find this link helpful
The Number to Schedule a Drug Test

To schedule a drug test:

Between the hours of 8:00 PM-4:00 PM local time

Dial 866-236-3674,
Press 1 (drug test subject),
Press 6 (Company-FAA)

Back
Top Bottom