Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I like how the arguments for enroute is almost always about the money and for terminal is almost always about seeing the airplanes. How many applicants actually have a good enough grasp of what controllers do to even understand the difference between the two tracks and to know which they personally have the better chance of success in?

As a forever tracon controller I know the truth that tracon is best ?
When I took my MMPI they gave me a little tour of CLT and my proctor kept telling me about how he loved tracon and didn't understand why people liked working at the top of the tower. At the time I thought it was a little weird since the tracon room was like a dark dungeon vs being at the top of the tower and being able to see everything. Maybe he planted the seed of doubt, though, because it seems like everyday tracon seems a little more appealing than the last. But at the end of the day I'll be happy with whatever I get. I am hoping for terminal, though.

Oh Lord. Are they just fill out and return forms, or the see a doctor forms? So far I’ve got my summary breakdown, and printed off a couple pages of my VA records.
What I received Monday was a couple of sheets for what they are concerned about, not all have to be signed by a doctor but one will, which is what I’m doing today. It’s basically to tell the FAA that the diagnosis on your VA compensation won’t interfere with your work.

What I received Monday was a couple of sheets for what they are concerned about, not all have to be signed by a doctor but one will, which is what I’m doing today. It’s basically to tell the FAA that the diagnosis on your VA compensation won’t interfere with your work.

Thanks! I’m surprised they haven’t sent any of that to me yet. I scheduled the medical two weeks ago, and the only thing I was contacted for was the benefits summary.

I just took my MMPI-2 and when I was done, I checked my watch and realized I took it in 50 minutes. I'm definitely getting tier 2'd.?
I wish people would stop saying things like this. The amount of time it takes for you to complete the MMPI has no proven correlation to passing or failing. If anything, completing it quicker is better because it indicates you are not overthinking it.

Well then I'm definitely screwed cause mine took 65 minutes.? The proctor said one guy took 5 hours.
Sounds like that guy is probably going to be tier 2'd for trying to answer "correctly".
When I was at about 400 questions which was about an hour my proctor came to check on me which made me think i was taking unusually long. Total took me about an hour and half. I would get held up because I started wondering about the context of the question, etc.

Has anyone had to redo their drug test? I assume you get notified of a redo from your HR POC? The drug test person I did it with said there was a possibility that my urine was too diluted.
I got picked up on a prior experience bid and had this issue. Don’t be surprised if they actually have someone watch you take this one

Just finished my e-QIP. Done with everything on my end now! Just for reference, tried to go back in to double check to see if everything had sent ok, but, now I'm locked out of e-QIP. Is this the case for everyone?

Why would a pool 2 security clearance take any longer than a pool 1? They're literally the exact same thing. No preference is given to pool one applicants in the clearance process...
Because the people with class dates already from P1 have already been through the security/background process in the past - that's what everyone else has been suggesting as rationale for their quick responses.

Just finished my e-QIP. Done with everything on my end now! Just for reference, tried to go back in to double check to see if everything had sent ok, but, now I'm locked out of e-QIP. Is this the case for everyone?
I tried doing the same, I was also locked out. I contacted my security POC and she said everything was received.

Has anyone actually failed the hearing exam? Had mine today and I get paranoid about these things insanely. It was literally the last thing on my checklist of things to do so all I have to do is wait... also, can nurses lie to you if they said you passed? lol

Has anyone actually failed the hearing exam? Had mine today and I get paranoid about these things insanely. It was literally the last thing on my checklist of things to do so all I have to do is wait... also, can nurses lie to you if they said you passed? lol
I asked the examiner directly if I had acceptable performance. In the end it's up to the flight surgeon if I recall correctly.

I'm also worried about the hearing exam. My hearing is fine but I remember taking one as a kid and doing poorly. Guess there's only one way to find out

Back
Top Bottom