Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

If I currently live in Oklahoma but live with my parents would I be able to use the housing per diem to stay in a hotel closer to the academy or do I not get that since I already live in Oklahoma?
Fellow Oklahoman here, I just got a flat rate of ~ $60/day and lived within 50 miles, but that was before they changed the per diem stuff. I’d keep a close eye on it because they screwed it up every month.

Anyone hear from DF lately? I got my class date 2 weeks ago, but no FOL. I've already put in my notice (takes about 3 months to successfully transition out without burning the place down,) and have already sold a lot of furniture. I'd love the peace of mind.

Anyone hear from DF lately? I got my class date 2 weeks ago, but no FOL. I've already put in my notice (takes about 3 months to successfully transition out without burning the place down,) and have already sold a lot of furniture. I'd love the peace of mind.

I’m in the same boat, but different rep. It has been nearly three weeks for me, and I have had my notice in at work as well. Whenever anyone asks me when my last day is I tell them but I’m starting to not feel so confident about it. ?

I’m in the same boat, but different rep. It has been nearly three weeks for me, and I have had my notice in at work as well. Whenever anyone asks me when my last day is I tell them but I’m starting to not feel so confident about it. ?

It's a bummer when I find out others in my class got their date several days after me and got their FOL's a day or two later.

Submitted or cleared? If you failed MMPI it'll be longer than 3 months. Get a job at Lowes or something while you wait.

I've been cleared for everything. Medical/Background/EQIP, literally all my rep has to do is give me a FOL.

Did someone contact you to let you know everything was submitted? I was notified that I got my medical clearance and was debating on contacting my security POC or just not doing anything and waiting to get an FOL.
I reached out to everyone and they let me know when I was cleared.

Fellow Oklahoman here, I just got a flat rate of ~ $60/day and lived within 50 miles, but that was before they changed the per diem stuff. I’d keep a close eye on it because they screwed it up every month.
I live in Mustang, so I'm assuming I can expect something similar? Have been wondering what the situation was if you live locally.

Got a medical soon. What should I expect? Will I need a 20/20 corrected vision? Should I go get some prescription glasses before I go? Do they do a blood test? I’m afraid of the needles.. lol

Got a medical soon. What should I expect? Will I need a 20/20 corrected vision? Should I go get some prescription glasses before I go? Do they do a blood test? I’m afraid of the needles.. lol
No blood test. They'll do various vision and hearing tests, plus an EKG and blood pressure. If you know you don't have 20/20 vision I'd say go ahead and get glasses before your appointment.

They do near vision as well. Because of astigmatism, I have 20/30. I do wear glasses but not for that. At first she said I might have to get bifocals but after checking if I would fail or not, she said I'll be fine. Vision also includes the color blind test btw.

Just received an email from a company called Perspecta saying they were in the process of assigning an investigator to complete my interview. Does this mean I’ll have to do an in person interview? If anyone else has gotten an email like this did you just wait for someone to contact you about it?

Just received an email from a company called Perspecta saying they were in the process of assigning an investigator to complete my interview. Does this mean I’ll have to do an in person interview? If anyone else has gotten an email like this did you just wait for someone to contact you about it?
They will contact you. However this does not affect your ability to receive a conditional clearance. I am having my in person interview today and I was contacted by phone and email once an investigator was assigned. I currently have a conditional clearance.

They will contact you. However this does not affect your ability to receive a conditional clearance. I am having my in person interview today and I was contacted by phone and email once an investigator was assigned. I currently have a conditional clearance.
So can I still get an FOL with the conditional clearance or do I have to wait until the in person interview is completed?

Agreed. My investigator contacted me directly and we were able to schedule a time to do it over the phone. Took a little under an hour to verify and explain any questions they had. This was the first time I have ever been able to do it over the phone, every other time they've always required it to be in person.

And you'll be able to get an FOL before your interview.

I talked to DF on Friday but I'm in the January group of EODS. DF was very helpful when I called.

Can confirm, I just got my welcome letter and it does reference if you live in OKC you don't get housing money, but there is a separate $60 as a per diem for you.

Can confirm, I just got my welcome letter and it does reference if you live in OKC you don't get housing money, but there is a separate $60 as a per diem for you.
From one of the New Hire pages in the Welcome Packet:
Students that are 50 miles or less from the Academy are:
 Not authorized local mileage
 Authorized M&IE of $61 per day
 Not authorized lodging since they already have a
residence in OKC

Trying to fill out the online form 8500-8 on MedExpress. Who do I talk to for my applicant ID? My medical is in 2 weeks and I emailed my pre-interview interview worksheet.

Back
Top Bottom