Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I'm a little stuck in my process and wondering if anyone can help - After I sent a past medical record to my medical POC and they forwarded it to the flight surgeon, it came back and my POC recommended I get a Psych Eval from a HIMS AME. She gave me a list to look through to contact the nearest near me so I did, and the AME that I spoke to mentioned that I need a 'P.I. #' and that if the FAA is not willing to pay for the eval it could cost up to $3000 - $6000 or more. I was a little confused as I was not told about this and mentioned that I would get back to him once I reached out to my POC for more info. I'm not sure if I caught the guy at a bad time or if maybe I should try another AME? I'm still waiting to hear back from my POC about this but I'm confused because I just want to get this scheduled and don't want to have to pay that much out of my own pocket.

Personally I'd wait to hear for more information from your POC. Sounds like something that should be an easy answer for them.

I'm a little stuck in my process and wondering if anyone can help - After I sent a past medical record to my medical POC and they forwarded it to the flight surgeon, it came back and my POC recommended I get a Psych Eval from a HIMS AME. She gave me a list to look through to contact the nearest near me so I did, and the AME that I spoke to mentioned that I need a 'P.I. #' and that if the FAA is not willing to pay for the eval it could cost up to $3000 - $6000 or more. I was a little confused as I was not told about this and mentioned that I would get back to him once I reached out to my POC for more info. I'm not sure if I caught the guy at a bad time or if maybe I should try another AME? I'm still waiting to hear back from my POC about this but I'm confused because I just want to get this scheduled and don't want to have to pay that much out of my own pocket.
I'd start calling all the doctors nearby and getting quotes, that's intense. Let us know what your POC says

You have to pay for any testing that needs to be done.

That's a rough price to pay. It looks like my POC is off today too. Hoping to have some news to share after the long weekend.

You said she "recommended." Did she say this is the only way forward? That's a lot of money, hope you can figure it out
Should've worded that differently, but it's the only way forward. I wonder how many others have gone through this process and have actually had success. It would really be unfortunate to drop the money only to be denied medical.

Should've worded that differently, but it's the only way forward. I wonder how many others have gone through this process and have actually had success. It would really be unfortunate to drop the money only to be denied medical.
Idk if you have or not, but maybe someone in the 2018 bid thread has. Might be worth it to ask if you haven't already.

The latest hiring bid that doesn't require prior experience is here which opened June of 2019. The TOLs went out around October/November of 2019. I don't think there will be anymore TOLs from that bid. There are plans for a new hiring bid coming out later this month.

Last I heard, there is supposed to be an OTS bid opening up on January 24th for three days or until a certain amount of applicants have applied.

Hey guys, is it worth calling my rep to ask where I am in the process? He hasn't been answering my emails lately.

Finished all my clearances (emailed them and confirmed that they submitted/emailed my rep) and I'm literally just waiting for an FOL.

Hey guys, is it worth calling my rep to ask where I am in the process? He hasn't been answering my emails lately.

Finished all my clearances (emailed them and confirmed that they submitted/emailed my rep) and I'm literally just waiting for an FOL.
If they gave you a class date then might take a couple weeks for the FOL

Has anyone had to take the ATCOV secondary color vision test for this bid? Wondering the timeframe between initial physical and scheduling the ATCOV

Back
Top Bottom