Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

How long after employer returned verification letter did you all receive clearance? I submitted my eqip 1/21 and my employer returned verification 2/7

Last edited:
How long after employer returned verification letter did you all receive clearance? I submitted my eqip 1/21 and my employer returned verification 2/7

I received mine the same day they sent it back, so technically the conditional clearance was received prior to them actually getting it back. However I have two jobs, I'm not sure when my full time job sent theirs back as I'm pretty sure that just went straight to the HR department. The one I'm speaking about it was my casual job so I don't know if that had any effect on it.

I asked for a promotion today at work. The new title would come with a ~20% raise. My assistant manager and supervisor both vouched for my ability to hold the new position. The manager said he would talk it over with them and let me know by tomorrow. Within the hour, after I had already left for the day, I get a message from my manager asking about an "Investigative Request for Employment Data and Supervisor Information" form that he had just received... Great timing! I explained that I've been going through the hiring process for 8 months now and that it was not a guarantee. He seemingly forgot that he gave me his permission to use him as a reference back in June. Needless to say, not feeling too confident about tomorrow.

I asked for a promotion today at work. The new title would come with a ~20% raise. My assistant manager and supervisor both vouched for my ability to hold the new position. The manager said he would talk it over with them and let me know by tomorrow. Within the hour, after I had already left for the day, I get a message from my manager asking about an "Investigative Request for Employment Data and Supervisor Information" form that he had just received... Great timing! I explained that I've been going through the hiring process for 8 months now and that it was not a guarantee. He seemingly forgot that he gave me his permission to use him as a reference back in June. Needless to say, not feeling too confident about tomorrow.
I’m in a similar position. In the running for a position that would pay 30k more a year and a great opportunity... then the letter came and now my employer knows I’m applying for another job. The job isn’t a lock but I don’t feel the letter helped their confidence or commitment in me. Even better... I’ve been tier 2’d so it’s gonna be a minute for me. It’s a rough go but I feel it’s worth it. Even with the pay bump I’d still make more as an ATC and I think it would be more rewarding.

I received an internship offer that I am considering taking and working until I receive a class date. Would I need to notify HR or anyone if I decide to take the internship since it wouldn’t be in my employment history that I submitted in eQIP?

When did you complete your eqip and when did your manager receive it?

I also told my boss when I applied back in June and then in January when I submitted the eqip. I'm not sure if they thought it would take a lot longer but right before I mentioned it to them, I found out I was being considered for a promotion. They changed their minds when I told them an approximate time of when I might leave (I said after May for sure because I still haven't gotten an FOL). They were very nice about it but told me they'd rather give the job to someone who plans on being with them long term, which I understand.

Sad thing is, they never even got a letter from anyone lol. I told them because I didn't want them to be surprised by it. And I've been cleared through security already. Oh well.

Just accepted a terminal class date of 6/17.
completed all CIL requirements 1/17. Employers got letters week of Jan 27th. HR POC is CS.

What I found interesting is that I am a dual citizen (naturalized US) and didn’t have to have an interview like other people in this thread. So maybe it’s not an automatic?

completed all CIL requirements 1/17. Employers got letters week of Jan 27th. HR POC is CS.

What I found interesting is that I am a dual citizen (naturalized US) and didn’t have to have an interview like other people in this thread. So maybe it’s not an automatic?

My guess is that it's multiple factors light what country, how many foreign nationals you know/are related to etc. My guess is that someone with a Iranian passport will raise more flags than someone with a UK one.

I finished CIL stuff 1/13 and did have an interview and they contacted 2 of my contacts. I've been told I was cleared through security though so hoping for a date soon.

Congrats on yours!

Had a security interview after I got my FOL and class date. ?

I received an internship offer that I am considering taking and working until I receive a class date. Would I need to notify HR or anyone if I decide to take the internship since it wouldn’t be in my employment history that I submitted in eQIP?

No, I don't see the point in reaching out to tell them unless you get an interview. 1. It's not like you've even started at the position yet, and 2. I think anyone would expect applicants to be keeping their options open given the length of the ATC applications process.

Oof I finished my CIL requirements on 1/13 and as of last week medical hasn't even reviewed my file. I did clear conditional security though.

Jealous of all you guys :(

For those that plan on staying at a hotel, are you taking any pets with you? I would like to stay at a hotel but I have three cats so I’m not sure that way would work out, if I would have to pay extra per day per cat, etc.

I just got medically cleared. Still waiting to hear back about security.

Back
Top Bottom