Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Apply for unemployment. You have a good case to be approved for it since you already left one job to start another and then your new employer delayed your start date because of coronavirus. Also look into Airbnb. It’s a lot cheaper than hotel. You can book for as long as you need usually and many hosts will be willing to work with you if you need to shorten or extend your stay.

Solid advice, wish it hadn't come to this.

ALL classes starting next week are closed, including that one. And it very much sounds like the academy won’t be open at all come next Monday. Don’t hold your breath.
That's the news I've been hearing as well. A lot of updates coming out today.

Pretty grim in here, but I figured I’d say I got and signed my FOL today. Original date I was told was 7/7, but it was bumped back to 7/13 because of everything. I think the cancellation of classes is just going to be short term. 1-2 more weeks.

Pretty grim in here, but I figured I’d say I got and signed my FOL today. Original date I was told was 7/7, but it was bumped back to 7/13 because of everything. I think the cancellation of classes is just going to be short term. 1-2 more weeks.
Why would it be short term?

Bare minimum, 8 weeks. Trump recommended 8 weeks off from events with greater than 50 people and the closure will be based off of that.

I honestly hope you're right, but the realist in me is saying otherwise. I would expect this to go on for at least another month. My class date is set for 5/26 and I feel like it could be on the cusp of either being cancelled or continuing on. I'm just over here trying to figure out if I'll be able to give my job a 2 weeks notice prior to the academy and if I do, what if I end up having my class cancelled last minute.

This whole scenario is stressful and confusing. Hard to know what the future holds at this point.

I honestly hope you're right, but the realist in me is saying otherwise. I would expect this to go on for at least another month. My class date is set for 5/26 and I feel like it could be on the cusp of either being cancelled or continuing on. I'm just over here trying to figure out if I'll be able to give my job a 2 weeks notice prior to the academy and if I do, what if I end up having my class cancelled last minute.

This whole scenario is stressful and confusing. Hard to know what the future holds at this point.
I think you have no chance cus all the classes currently at the academy are delayed.

Your date will likely get moved. Likely, everyone in class currently and coming up soon will be the first back so a currently late May class will probably be going around July-August as the current classes they're pulling out now have to restart from the beginning.

Your date will likely get moved. Likely, everyone in class currently and coming up soon will be the first back so a currently late May class will probably be going around July-August as the current classes they're pulling out now have to restart from the beginning.
they have to restart from the beginning? aw crap that is terrible. Looks like I'm at my job for another 3/4 months...

they have to restart from the beginning? aw crap that is terrible. Looks like I'm at my job for another 3/4 months...
My exact feelings at this moment ? Was so looking forward to being at my job for one more month and then giving myself a nice month-long break. Looks like I'll be rethinking everything! But hey, I still have my TOL so it'll happen eventually

Don't quote me on that, but that is my understanding
Your explanation makes 100% sense. I'm trying to remember how the FAA worked everything out after the govt shutdown but I can't remember. But then again, they were at a different step in the bid than we are at now.

My exact feelings at this moment ? Was so looking forward to being at my job for one more month and then giving myself a nice month-long break. Looks like I'll be rethinking everything! But hey, I still have my TOL so it'll happen eventually

It could be worse. You have a job. They yanked my class 3 days before the start date, and after my last work day and 6 days before I had to vacate my apartment.

I finished my last day of classes last week (as originally scheduled) and was planning to go back to working as an RPO in the interim but that just got shot to hell and I'm kinda just sitting here in circles not knowing what to do. Fun times

Currently at the academy . . . Or was at the academy. Unlikely that we will have to start over. After the shutdown they developed a system where every class goes back 10 days. Likely to be what they do for this closure.

Back
Top Bottom